Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents Graduation certificate, on vellum, of William Kerr Smith, who graduated from Edinburgh University in 1771 with a Master's in Liberal Arts. A red wax seal in a metal case is appended to the certificate. It represents a castle surrounded with the words 'S.[IGILLUM] COMMUNITATIS. BURGI. DE EDENBURGH. AD. CAUSAS.', and was appended by the City of Edinburgh to confirm the authenticity of the diploma.This collection also includes William Smith's ordination certificate, as he became the Episcopal...
Scope and Contents The collection of material relating to life at University for Alan Owen and Anne Hyslop Gemmell is composed of: Cowan House, Hall of Residence for Men - Owen admitted 1939 - documents relating to Cowan House residency Inclusive Fee Regulation cards, General Council registration, and class cards for varied subjects between 1939-1948 - documents relating to both Owen and Anne Hyslop Gemmell ...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-327
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the personal papers of Dr. Asta Moller, B Litt and D Phil (University of Oxford), MA (University of Edinburgh), who made a substantial contribution to knowledge by her researches into the history of the coal industry. The collection contains: Examination papers in Arts and Science - Danish 1 and 2, March 1916 Honours' class examination paper in Political Economy,...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-327
Scope and Contents This collection consists mostly of William Kennedy Reid's student records when he was studying Classics at the University of Edinburgh: correspondence, certificates, graduation booklets and leaflets, matriculation cards, two photographs, and three medals in their cases. Pass certificates and matriculation cards from the University of Edinburgh in Classics: Ancient History, Greek, Latin, Classical Archaeology,...
Scope and Contents Collection of memorabilia is composed of:
- 2 x University of Edinburgh. Graduation of Ceremonial. McEwan Hall. Saturday 31 October 1964
- 1 x 'Student's Handbook' 1960-61. An SRC Publication. (Includes photographic illus. of David M. S. Steel, Senior President, SRC, on p.20)
- 1 x 'Student's Handbook' No. LXVII 1962-63
- Subject: Graduation Ceremonies X
- Gemmell, Anne Hyslop, b. 1923 (student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Moller, Asta Winifred Russell, fl 1920-1981 (coal industry historian) 1
- Owen, Alan, fl. 1939-1948 (student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Reid, William Kennedy, KCB, Sir, 1931- (Scottish civil servant) 1
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 1