Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
5 x documents: notarial instruments relating to lands in Nether Carlowrie, west of Edinburgh, and in Invertiel, 1528-1566. Marks of 16th century Scottish notaries
Scope and Contents 5 x documents - notarial instruments - being:
Invertiel, 13 November 1528
Nether Carlowrie, 23 January 1529
Nether Carlowrie, 22 June 1535
Nether Carlowrie, 23 February 1540
Nether Carlowrie, 19 April 1566At the foot, each document bears a fine penned mark of a 16th century Scottish notary. Old folds, contemporary endorsements.
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 15 volumes of bound lecture notes that belonged to Ethelwyn Lemon. These notes were taken by Ethelwyn Lemon herself, or by other fellow female students, in the late 19th-early 20th century at the University of Edinburgh. Notes of lectures on British history given by Sir Richard Lodge, taken down by Barbara M Craw. Edinburgh University, 1904. (4 vols) Notes of lectures on...
Collection of 65 Scottish charters and other documents, from 1402 to 1699, in Latin and Scots, some with seals
Scope and Contents The collection of 65 Scottish charters and documents, on vellum and paper, is composed of the following: Charter between Alexander, Abbot of Scone, entirely in Early Scots, on vellum, dated 21 August 1402, 270mm. by 160mm., with the suspended complete wax seal of Katherine Paxton. Charter of Robert Logy, burgess of Perth, to Andrew Charters, of lands in Perth, in Latin, on vellum, dated 4 June...
Scope and Contents The facsimile charters are loose and are numbered at rear from 1 to 288. A few are missing, and these are, nos: 37, 50, 89, 110-111, 136-137, 151, 211, and 233.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of some 121 unpublished manuscript documents - in Latin and Italian - relating to the Papal States and the House of Ferretti. The collection also contains many supporting photocopied items (articles etc), and some colour photographs of Palazzo Ferretti in Ancona. There is a large envelope containing city plans of Ancona.This material offers a detailed account of the private lives of the minor nobles in the Papal States after the Sack of Rome in 1527 and...
Scope and Contents This collection contains 275 medieval manuscript books and c. 45 fragments which have been donated to, and purchased by the University in the course of its history. These are all books and fragments written by hand, from the early 11th to the 16th centuries. Many are finely illuminated and decorated. The collection is mainly composed of bibles and liturgical texts, books of hours, treatises of theology and philosophy, legal and medical works, examples of pre-Reformation Scottish music,...
- Subject: Latin Language X
- Brown, Gerard Baldwin, 1849-1932 (Watson-Gordon Professor of Fine Art, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Burns, Margaret, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Butcher, Samuel Henry, 1850-1910 (classicist, politician and professor of greek, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Craw, Barbara M, fl 1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Fraser, William, Sir, 1816-1898 (solicitor, historian, palaeographer, and genealogist) 1
- Goodhart, Harry Chester, 1858-1895 (English footballer and Professor of Humanity, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Hannay, Robert Kerr, Professor, 1867-1940 (historian, palaeographer) 1
- Jamieson, F R, fl 1890s (lecturer in Latin Literature, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Lemon, Ethelwyn Lilias, fl 1890s-1940s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Lodge, Richard, Professor Sir, 1855-1936 (historian) 1
- Pattison, Andrew Seth Pringle-, 1856-1931 (Scottish philosopher) 1
- Stevenson, Isabella Watt, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1 ∧ less