Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 31
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-622
Scope and Contents The collection of legal documents is composed of: 1 x Discharge by William Pirie in favour of Dr. Sophia Jex Blake, 15 May 1890. Of a Bond and Disposition in Security of £400 over subjects in Grove Street, Edinburgh. Andrew Urquhart SSC Edinburgh 1 x Disposition by Thomas Fairweather Weir with consent, In favour of Sophia Jex Blake MD. 1884. Subject 6 Grove Street, Edinburgh. Andrew Urquhart...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1531, Volume: data_value_missing_044bad0cd209d0fc001ac418e9779b16, Volume: Coll-1699 / SC-Acc-2016-0001
Content Description The correspondence suggests that this was an Edinburgh-based law practice, with the majority of letters emanating from city addresses.There are 2 volumes with information on the spines showing: Letter Book No. 3 - 18th May 1956 - 21st Aug. 1956 Letter Book No. 5 - 9th Dec. 1956 - 31st Mar. 1957 The volumes came from The Solicitors' Law Stationery Society Ltd., Hope Street, Glasgow. They hold reference numbers: No.5354 Date.1956...
5 x documents: notarial instruments relating to lands in Nether Carlowrie, west of Edinburgh, and in Invertiel, 1528-1566. Marks of 16th century Scottish notaries
Scope and Contents 5 x documents - notarial instruments - being:
Invertiel, 13 November 1528
Nether Carlowrie, 23 January 1529
Nether Carlowrie, 22 June 1535
Nether Carlowrie, 23 February 1540
Nether Carlowrie, 19 April 1566At the foot, each document bears a fine penned mark of a 16th century Scottish notary. Old folds, contemporary endorsements.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of four cards, being:
- matriculation card, 1895
- matriculation card, 1896
- class card, Winter Session, 1895-1896. Lectures on Scots Law
- class card, Winter Session, 1896-1897. Lectures on Conveyancing
Scope and Contents The University of Edinburgh class attendance certificates include those for: Civil Law during Academic Year 1951-1952, Jurisprudence during Academic Year 1951-1952, Administrative Law during Academic Year 1952-1953, Scots Law during Academic Year 1952-1953, Conveyancing during Academic year 1953-1954, and Public Law (Public International Law) during summer session of Academic Year 1953-1954. The collection also includes a Certificate of Merit certifying that John Robertson 'acquitted himself...
Scope and Contents The works of the Rev. Thomas A. Pye consist of:The Jesus Christ of Greeceon Socrates,A comparison of Aristotelian and Christian ethics,The seal of Roman Law on early Christianity, andThe influence of Christianity on Roman Law.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of circa 28 letters to the Secretary of the Scots Law Society, William Lindsay, and A. Thomson Jnr.
Scope and Contents The 3 volumes of Law notes are composed of: [Vol. I]. Notes beginning Tuesday 22 November 1831 with Lecture I, and self-numbered pp.1-188, with Additions VI-IX [Vol. II] Notes beginning with Lecture XXVIII, and self-numbered pp.189-439, with Additions I-II Vol. III. 'Notes on Conveyancing' as spine title. 'Heritable Rights'. Notes beginning Friday 2 March , with Lecture...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of the following notes: - notes on Civil Law, 1930-1931 - notes on Civil Law (continuation, 2 June 1931 to 10 July 1931 - notes on Jurisprudence, 15 October 1930 to 19 December 1930 - notes on Scots Law (Book I), 14 October 1931 to 22 January 1932 - notes on Scots Law (Book II, 23 January 1932 to 14 June 1932 ...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: - solution to practical examinations, Conveyancing, 1952-1953, typescript - programme of work, Conveyancing, typescript copies - regulations for entrance, Faculty of Advocates,1950s, typescript - synopsis of lectures, 1952-1953, typescript - exam papers, Law, 1949-1952, typescript - guide to...
- Subject: Law X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 30
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 8
- Hume, David, 1757-1838 (judge, Baron of the Scottish Exchequer) 4
- Aitchison, Thomas Milne, fl. 1949-1953 1
- Baird, William, fl. 1670-1680 ('of Dysart') 1
- Bell, George Joseph, 1770-1843 (advocate, Professor of Scots Law at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Berry, William, 1864-1954 (4th of Tayfield | Legal profession) 1
- Bever, Thomas, 1725-1791, Scholar in Civil law 1
- Fraser, Thomas Richard, Sir, 1841-1920 (physician and pharmacologist, professor of medicine at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Grimond, Magnus, fl 1970s-2010s (Edinburgh University alumnus) 1
- Jex-Blake, Sophia Louisa, 1840-1912 (medical practitioner, reformer and suffragette) 1
- Lindsay, William, fl. 1842-1843, Secretary of Scots Law Society 1
- Lorimer, James, 1818-1890 (Professor of Law) 1
- MacQueen, Frances M., fl. 1975-1979 (civil servant) 1
- MacQueen, Hector L., Professor, fl. 1975-1979 (professor of private law) 1
- Maconochie, Lord Meadowbank, Allan, 1748-1816 (Scottish judge) 1
- Main, Alexander Herbert, fl. 1930-1935 1
- Moffat, John, 1935-1973, Lecturer in Public Law 1
- Moncrieffe, Rupert Iain Kay, Sir, 1919-1985 (11th Baronet, officer, genealogist) 1
- Orr, Robert Low, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Orr, William J, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Pye, Thomas A., fl. 1916-1947, Rev. 1
- Robertson, John, b. 1930 (student Edinburgh University, Law Faculty, 1951-1954) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1
- Sees, Thomas, fl 1820s (Law student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Smith, Thomas Broun, Professor, 1915-1988 (professor of civil (Roman Law), Edinburgh University ) 1
- Socrates 1
- Sutherland, Robert, b. 1926 (Writer to the Signet, Notary Public) 1
- Thomson, A., fl 1860, Secretary of Scots Law Society 1
- University of Pennsylvania (1791-:) (university) 1
- Wallace, Forbes T., fl. 1895-1897 (student, Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less