Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 27
Scope and Contents Notes by unidentified student from lectures by W. P. Alison on the Institutes of Medicine 1828 and 1830
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents Seventeen volumes of lectures notes by Victor Field Usher, a medical student at the University of Edinburgh in 1902-1907, who became the first physician to introduce Arsphenamine (the first effective treatment for syphilis, developed by Prof. Paul Ehrlich) to the UK. The fonds includes: Three volumes entitled Practice of Medicine - Gibson, Philip & Bruce containing notes and...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of:
- University of Glasgow / Cramb Lectures / 1963 / by Henry Havergal. 'Donald Francis Tovey' I, Musician and teacher, pp.21
- University of Glasgow / Cramb Lectures / 1963 / by Henry Havergal. 'Donald Francis Tovey' II, Musician and teacher, pp.23
Scope and Contents Manuscript notes in three separate notebooks. One notebook has 'Costain and Watson. Vol.II from 1865' written in ink at the top of the front cover. The first page has notes entitled 'Exchequer and Audit Depts Act of 1865', and the next notes are entitled 'Ballot Act 1872'. Another notebook has 'Newcastle's Electioneering' written in ink at the top of the front cover, with the first page having notes entitled 'Essay on Cromwell's Principles of Gov' followed by lists of names - probably local...
Scope and Contents The content of the 1st and 2nd year engineering note-books (laboratory books) of Dr. Russell A. Leather reflect the wide approach in studies which covered mechanical devices, steel structures and electrical technology. The books include graphwork, drawings, and photographs of late-1940s laboratory equipment at Kings Buildings (1948-1949). Photographs feature the 'Riehle' testing machine', the 'Adie' cement testing machine, a torsion testing machine, the 'Ambler' compression machine, the 'Olsen'...
Scope and Contents The collection at E2006.44 contains lecture notes taken while Sutherland attended Edinburgh University in the late-1940s and early-1950s. The material includes: - Minute Book of the Dining Club - Lecture notes on Evidence and Pleading - Lecture notes on Political Science - Lecture notes on Conveyancing, International Private Law - Lecture notes...
Scope and Contents On a title page of one of the two volumes the contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Historical Course, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The name of James Malloch appears there too. Similar information appears on a title page of the second volume. These contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Theoretical Course, Mondays and Tuesdays. This volume shows the name, James Malloch....
Fonds — Box: Gen.1987-1989
Scope and Contents 3 small, soft-bound volumes of notes taken at lectures on moral pholosophy given by Dugald Stewart.
Fonds — Container: CLX-A-1582
Content Description This collection contains two sets of material:1. Letters to Dr. Lonsdale, of Rosehill, Carlisle, and addressed variously to: Cumberland Infirmary; Marine Crescent, Waterloo, Liverpool; Playhouse Yard, Thomas Street, Scarbro'; and, Teviot Row, Edinburgh. The letters show that he was assembling information with a view to overseeing a biography of his mentor, John Reid. The collection of letters contains material which would have formed the core of such a work which never came to...
- Subject: Lectures X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 25
- Lothian Health Services Archive 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 7
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 2
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 2
- Balfour, Sir Isaac Bayley, 1853-1922 (professor of botany, University of Edinburgh and regius keeper of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh) 1
- Bickersteth, Robert (surgeon at Liverpool Royal Infirmary) 1
- Bogle, Very Reverend, Andrew Nisbet, 1868-1957 (Minister; Ex-Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland) 1
- Brown, R (student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Caird, Francis Mitchell, 1853-1926 (Scottish surgeon, Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Chiene, John, 1843-1923 (Scottish surgeon, Professor of Surgery at the University of Edinburgh ) 1
- Church of Scotland 1
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius, 106-43 BCE (Roman statesman, lawyer, scholar, and writer) 1
- Cooke, Marian, fl. 1946-1970 (secretary, Moray House College of Education) 1
- Currie, Sir Alastair Robert, 1921-1994 (Professor of Pathology, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cushny, Arthur Robertson, 1866-1926 (Pharmacologist, Professor of Materia Medica and Pharmacology) 1
- Dickson, William Elliot Carnegie, 1878-1954 (Scottish physician) 1
- Haultain, Francis William Nicol, 1861-1921 (Gynaecologist and obstetrician) 1
- Havergal, Henry, 1902-1989, former Principal of the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- Hume, David, 1711-1776 (Scottish Philosopher) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- Jones, Peter Howard, fl 1964-1999 (Professor of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Leather, Russell A., Dr., b. 1924 (electrical engineer, former Chair of Gannochy Trust) 1
- Lonsdale, Henry, 1816-1876 (Edinburgh University alumnus; physician) 1
- Mackay, George, 1861-1949 (British ophthalmic surgeon) 1
- Maconochie, Lord Meadowbank, Allan, 1748-1816 (Scottish judge) 1
- Malloch, James, fl. 1878-1879 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Melville, James Balfour, of Strathkinness, 1815-1897 1
- Melville, John Whyte, of Bennochie and Strathkinness, c 1797-1883 1
- Melville, Mary Louisa Balfour-, d 1930 (née Dundas) 1
- Pringle, John, Sir, 1st Baronet (Professor of Moral Philosopy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rice, David Talbot, 1903-1972 (art historian) 1
- Sieveking, Edward Henry, 1816-1904 (English physician) 1
- Stewart, Dugald, 1753-1828 (Scottish philosopher and mathematician) 1
- Stiles, Sir Harold Jalland, 1863-1946 (British surgeon) 1
- Sutherland, Robert, b. 1926 (Writer to the Signet, Notary Public) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Department of Pathology (1831-) 1
- University of Glasgow (1451- :) (university) 1
- Unknown student (University of Edinburgh) 1
- Usher, Victor Field, 1880-1952 (physician, medical alumnus of Edinburgh University) 1
- Wallace, Sir David James, b 1945 (British physicist; former Master of Churchill College) 1 ∧ less