Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Scope and Contents Notes by unidentified student from lectures by W. P. Alison on the Institutes of Medicine 1828 and 1830
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents Manuscript notes in three separate notebooks. One notebook has 'Costain and Watson. Vol.II from 1865' written in ink at the top of the front cover. The first page has notes entitled 'Exchequer and Audit Depts Act of 1865', and the next notes are entitled 'Ballot Act 1872'. Another notebook has 'Newcastle's Electioneering' written in ink at the top of the front cover, with the first page having notes entitled 'Essay on Cromwell's Principles of Gov' followed by lists of names - probably local...
Scope and Contents The content of the 1st and 2nd year engineering note-books (laboratory books) of Dr. Russell A. Leather reflect the wide approach in studies which covered mechanical devices, steel structures and electrical technology. The books include graphwork, drawings, and photographs of late-1940s laboratory equipment at Kings Buildings (1948-1949). Photographs feature the 'Riehle' testing machine', the 'Adie' cement testing machine, a torsion testing machine, the 'Ambler' compression machine, the 'Olsen'...
Scope and Contents The collection at E2006.44 contains lecture notes taken while Sutherland attended Edinburgh University in the late-1940s and early-1950s. The material includes: - Minute Book of the Dining Club - Lecture notes on Evidence and Pleading - Lecture notes on Political Science - Lecture notes on Conveyancing, International Private Law - Lecture notes...
Scope and Contents On a title page of one of the two volumes the contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Historical Course, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The name of James Malloch appears there too. Similar information appears on a title page of the second volume. These contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Theoretical Course, Mondays and Tuesdays. This volume shows the name, James Malloch....
Fonds — Container: CLX-A-1582
Content Description This collection contains two sets of material:1. Letters to Dr. Lonsdale, of Rosehill, Carlisle, and addressed variously to: Cumberland Infirmary; Marine Crescent, Waterloo, Liverpool; Playhouse Yard, Thomas Street, Scarbro'; and, Teviot Row, Edinburgh. The letters show that he was assembling information with a view to overseeing a biography of his mentor, John Reid. The collection of letters contains material which would have formed the core of such a work which never came to...
Scope and Contents Class tickets for Lister's lectures on Clinical Surgery signed by Lister University of Edinburgh 1874-1875 and 1876-1877; attendance certificates for Lister's lectures on Clinical Surgery signed by Lister with Medical Faculty's attendance regulations University of Edinburgh 1874-1875, First Class Merit certificate in Clinical Surgery signed by Lister University of Edinburgh 1874-1875; notes from Lister to Lewis 1879
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents Twelfth International Congress of Pyschology programme, 1948; Twelfth International Confress of Psychology notes and provisional timetable of papers, 1948; Proceedings and papers of the Twelfth International Congress of Psychology, 1948; Short Letter to Cooke from Thomson regarding a diagram he asked her to duplicate, with the accompanying diagrams/graphs drawn by...
Fonds — Volume: Dc.2.41
Scope and Contents Single volume, though one that has been part of a larger set, containing lectures given by Joseph Black, beginning 30 Oct 1782. The lectures are numbered 1 through to 59, with and indication that they were continued in a further volume (not present). The volume is paginated and bound between pages is a fold-out drawing, dated 1784, of a thermometer, marked with properties/states of various substances at specific temperatures.The author of the volume is unknown but was almost certainly one...
- Subject: Lectures and Lecturing X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 19
- Lothian Health Services Archive 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 7
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 2
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 2
- Balfour, Sir Isaac Bayley, 1853-1922 (professor of botany, University of Edinburgh and regius keeper of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh) 1
- Bogle, Very Reverend, Andrew Nisbet, 1868-1957 (Minister; Ex-Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland) 1
- Church of Scotland 1
- Cooke, Marian, fl. 1946-1970 (secretary, Moray House College of Education) 1
- Currie, Sir Alastair Robert, 1921-1994 (Professor of Pathology, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- Hume, David, 1711-1776 (Scottish Philosopher) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- Jones, Peter Howard, fl 1964-1999 (Professor of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Leather, Russell A., Dr., b. 1924 (electrical engineer, former Chair of Gannochy Trust) 1
- Lonsdale, Henry, 1816-1876 (Edinburgh University alumnus; physician) 1
- Maconochie, Lord Meadowbank, Allan, 1748-1816 (Scottish judge) 1
- Malloch, James, fl. 1878-1879 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Melville, James Balfour, of Strathkinness, 1815-1897 1
- Melville, John Whyte, of Bennochie and Strathkinness, c 1797-1883 1
- Melville, Mary Louisa Balfour-, d 1930 (née Dundas) 1
- Rice, David Talbot, 1903-1972 (art historian) 1
- Sieveking, Edward Henry, 1816-1904 (English physician) 1
- Sutherland, Robert, b. 1926 (Writer to the Signet, Notary Public) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Department of Pathology (1831-) 1
- Wallace, Sir David James, b 1945 (British physicist; former Master of Churchill College) 1 ∧ less