Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1592
Content Description This collection includes a printed book with two enclosures, printed ephemera, and two medals related to harpist Helen Patuffa Hood and her mother Marjory Kennedy-Fraser, Scottish musician and folk-song collector. The printed book is a signed copy of The Road to the Isles (Edinburgh: Robert Grant & Son, 1927) by Kenneth Macleod given by the author himself to Patuffa as...
Collection of Medals issued and presented by Edinburgh Veterinary Colleges and the Edinburgh Veterinary Medical Society (and Association), between 1843 and 1908
Scope and Contents This is a collection of 16 silver and bronze medals which have been awarded by several colleges and societies for a variety of years/sessions, including: Edinburgh Veterinary College: and its medals awarded: 1843-44; 1853; 1856-57 Royal (Dick) Veterinary College: its medals awarded: 1893-94; 1897-98; 1900; 1900-1901; 1901-1902 New Veterinary College: medals awarded: 1881;...
Scope and Contents 1 x Kaisar-i-Hind Gold Medal, George V - may be 1st variety, 1st class - together with 1 x example of the Miniature version of the Kaisar-i-Hind Gold Medal. Both are contained in a presentation case created by Garrard and Co. Ltd. of Albemarle St., London. Garrard was the Crown Jeweller charged with the upkeep of the British Crown Jewels, from 1843 to 2007.
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Scope and Contents Two bronze medals - University of Edinburgh:
1927-1928 - Economic Geography - Marion D. Wishart
1928-1929 - Banking - Marion D. Wishart M.A.Both medals are in presentation cases: black leatherette, with dark blue inset for medals, and silk-lined hinged lids. The name: Alexander Kirkwood & Son / Medalists / St. James Square / Edinburgh
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-939
Scope and Contents The collection of Medals and Honours is composed of the following awards: 1 x Heriot-Watt College, Edinburgh / German (Junior), Session 1911-1912, Awarded to Annie J. Whitson (bronze medal in presentation case, Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh) 1 x Heriot-Watt College, Edinburgh / German (Intermediate), Session 1912-1913, Awarded to Annie J. Whitson (bronze...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-346
Content Description This fonds consists of medals awarded to Emily Charlotte Thomson and Alexander Thomson , as well as one photograph depicting Emily Charlotte Thomson. Five medals of Alexander Thomson from the University of Edinburgh, in: chemistry (1886-87), practical physiology (1887-88), natural history (1887), Institute of Medicine (1887-88), and a blank one on the same model. Three medals of Emily Charlotte...
Scope and Contents At E2008.33, the collection of Prize orders, medals, and medallions awarded to William Hunter is composed of: - the Serbian Order of St. Sava - bejewelled breast Star - the Serbian Order of St. Sava - Medallion/Badge with ribbon; the obverse of the cross bears an oval enamelled portrait of the bishop St. Sava, the centre of which is encircled by blue and the motto of the order in old cyrillic...
Collection — Box: CLX-A-352
Content Description A bronze and a silver medals in their cases awarded to Peter Haugh in the University's Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies for Zoology and Botany (1903-1904) and for Clinique (1906-1907); and three bronze medals from Edinburgh University awarded to Samuel M. Inkster for Chemistry (1869), General Pathology and Morbid Anatomy (1870-1871) and Practice of Medicine (1872-1873). Also includes an article by Gregor Macaulay explaining the medals.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 14 academic session medals (5 silver and 9 bronze) awarded to James Roland Rider between 1913 and 1918. The medals were awarded by both the Royal (Dick) Veterinary College, Edinburgh, and the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland.The medals can be described thus: - 1913 - silver - obverse: decorated with raised seated classical figure with Scottish armorial shield...
- Subject: Medals X
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 9
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Boughton, Alice, 1866-1943 (Photographer) 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 1
- Garrard & Co. Ltd., Albemarle St., London 1
- Haugh, Peter, fl 1903-1904 (student - Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies) 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1
- Hunter, William, 1861-1937 (Physician; Army Colonel) 1
- Inkster, Samuel M, fl 1869-1873 (student - University of Edinburgh) 1
- Knott, Cargill Gilston, 1856-1922 (physicist, mathematician and secretary of the Royal Society of Edinburgh) 1
- Knowles, William Andrew, 1868-1942 (minister) 1
- Macleod, Kenneth, 1871-1955 (Church of Scotland minister and folklorist) 1
- Rider, Dr., James Roland, 1894-1942 (Veterinary Surgeon) 1
- Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies (Edinburgh) 1
- Royal (Dick) Veterinary College (1839-1951| veterinary college) 1
- Struthers, Christina, d. 1944 (Mus.Bac. 1899 | wife of Frederick Niecks) 1
- Taylor, George, Sir, 1904-1993 (botanist and plant taxonomist) 1
- Thomson, Alexander, fl 1880s (doctor, Edinburgh University medical student) 1
- Thomson, Emily Charlotte, 1864-1955 (doctor; medical officer to Dundee Women's Hospital) 1
- Whitson, Annie J, fl 1911-1913 (Heriot-Watt College student) 1
- Wishart, Marion Donaldson, b 1903 (University of Edinburgh student) 1
- Young, Robert Burns, b. 1874, Scientist 1 ∧ less