Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Seventeen volumes of lectures notes by Victor Field Usher, a medical student at the University of Edinburgh in 1902-1907, who became the first physician to introduce Arsphenamine (the first effective treatment for syphilis, developed by Prof. Paul Ehrlich) to the UK. The fonds includes: Three volumes entitled Practice of Medicine - Gibson, Philip & Bruce containing notes and...
Class cards, tickets, and letters of testimonial of John Brown, Thomas S. Brown and William B. Clark
Scope and Contents The material spans 1824 to 1835. There is one class card in the name of William B. Clark. In addition there is a printed document dated 27 April 1831 and published by the Royal College of Surgeons in London which notes the regulations respecting the professional education of candidates for the College's diploma. There are 34 cards and tickets relating to John Brown and his study path. There are 21 cards and tickets relating to Thomas S. Brown, including one of which is an Edinburgh Academy card...
Scope and Contents This is the manuscript diary of James nicol (1810-1879), an Edinburgh University student in medicine and natural history, who would later become a geologist and Professor of Natural history at the University of Aberdeen. The journal was written between the 10th of October 1840, to the 21st of March 1841, when he attended the Winter Session at Berlin University. Enclosed in the volume are typed notes, giving a rather detailed index of the diary's contents. In his journal, James Nicol describes...
Scope and Contents Edinburgh University medical lecture notes taken down by T. L. Kennish, c 1880s.
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes of lectures given by Charles Alston, entitled 'A treatise on the materia medica ... from the lectures of Charles Alston, M.D., Fellow of the College of Physicians and Professor of Botany at Edinburgh. 1733'. 183 x 165 mm, rebound. They bear the armorial bookplate of Alexander Russell, M.D. It is possible that this is the Alexander Russell that studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh, and graduated in 1779.
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of Anne Davies's papers relating to her life as a medical student at the University of Edinburgh between 1939 and 1945, and to her training in three hospitals in the mid and late 1940s. It also includes photographs relating to class reunions and to the Edinburgh Graduate Association, of which she was president for a year. Student notes, c 1939-1944; 1969. Student manuals and...
Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter FRCP FACP Executive Dean Faculty of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, and Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter
Scope and Contents The Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter, and of Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter, are comprised of:Box 1: 1 x folder - correspondence, 1981-1987 1 x folder - correspondence, contracts and other material relating to film And so goodbye, 2003-2004 1 x folder - graduation material, programmes, seating plans, dinner menus etc - 1981-1987 2 x folders - collection of...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-360
Content Description This collection is composed of the papers of Agnes Irene Sinclair Coghill, medical student at the University of Edinburgh in the 1890s, and of a bound selection of articles published by her father John George Sinclair Coghill in The Lancet in 1859.1. The papers of Agnes Coghill include her degree certificate signed by the Vice-Chancellor, the Dean of the Faculty and the Senate's Secretary. She was awarded a Master in Surgery ("Gradum Magistri in Chirurgia") in 1897. Also included are...
- Subject: Medical students X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 14
- Lothian Health Services Archive 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Adams, William, fl. 1797-1799 (medical student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Bickersteth, Robert (surgeon at Liverpool Royal Infirmary) 1
- Brown, John, fl. 1824-1834, General Practioner 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Brown, Thomas S., fl. 1828-1835, General Practitioner 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Caird, Francis Mitchell, 1853-1926 (Scottish surgeon, Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Chiene, John, 1843-1923 (Scottish surgeon, Professor of Surgery at the University of Edinburgh ) 1
- Clark, William B., fl. 1820s, Minister 1
- Coghill, Agnes Irene Sinclair, c 1875-1904 (medical student; University of Edinburgh) 1
- Coghill, John George Sinclair, 1834-1919 (Physician) 1
- Dickson, William Elliot Carnegie, 1878-1954 (Scottish physician) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Haultain, Francis William Nicol, 1861-1921 (Gynaecologist and obstetrician) 1
- Kennish, T L, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Mackay, George, 1861-1949 (British ophthalmic surgeon) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- NHS Education for Scotland 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Potter (née Ross), Elizabeth Mackay, Dr., 1924-1979 (physician) 1
- Potter, Jacobus Louw, Dr. (physician, scientist) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1
- Russell, Alexander, fl 1770s-1780s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- Stiles, Sir Harold Jalland, 1863-1946 (British surgeon) 1
- Usher, Victor Field, 1880-1952 (physician, medical alumnus of Edinburgh University) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less