Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Fonds — Folder: EUA GD51
Identifier: EUA GD51
Content Description Two glass negatives showing Clerk Ranken in a Chemistry laboratory, c1903, and in a group of students, c1905. Along with the negatives are two later prints of the same.
Collection of documents relating to student theatre in Edinburgh gathered together by Grahame Bulfield
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents This collection consists of 67 physical items, mainly theatre programmes, hand-outs, and newspaper cuttings relating to student theatre in Edinburgh in the late 1960s. Also includes an inventory, and a list of known student performances in Edinburgh from autumn 1964 to summer 1972. Most items are originals, but a few are copies.Click ...
Fonds — Container: CLX-D-66
Scope and Contents Bundle of about 20 posters of events at the University around 1971, mostly relating to student activities. The events advertised include dances/balls/concerts; special lectures and symposium; Church and carol services; and Student Representative Council Elections. The posters are arranged in bundles by types of events, as follows: Poster of the Corries, and poster advertising a folk concert in University...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents Graduation certificate, on vellum, of William Kerr Smith, who graduated from Edinburgh University in 1771 with a Master's in Liberal Arts. A red wax seal in a metal case is appended to the certificate. It represents a castle surrounded with the words 'S.[IGILLUM] COMMUNITATIS. BURGI. DE EDENBURGH. AD. CAUSAS.', and was appended by the City of Edinburgh to confirm the authenticity of the diploma.This collection also includes William Smith's ordination certificate, as he became the Episcopal...
Scope and Contents Edinburgh University medical lecture notes taken down by T. L. Kennish, c 1880s.
Notebooks of lectures at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 20 notebooks containing notes on legal and medical lectures given at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr. Also includes some class cards, exam papers, and ephemera of Robert Low Orr. Robert Low Orr: Lectures on Metaphysics (Fraser) Robert Low Orr: Law lectures (Muirhead, Macpherson) Robert Low Orr: Scots law...
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes of lectures given by Charles Alston, entitled 'A treatise on the materia medica ... from the lectures of Charles Alston, M.D., Fellow of the College of Physicians and Professor of Botany at Edinburgh. 1733'. 183 x 165 mm, rebound. They bear the armorial bookplate of Alexander Russell, M.D. It is possible that this is the Alexander Russell that studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh, and graduated in 1779.
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on midwifery given by John Holliday Croom in 1899 and 1905-1906, taken down by P. J. F. Garvey.
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on Logic given by Sir William Hamilton, 1847-1848, taken down by D. Maclaren.
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
- Subject: University of Edinburgh -- students X
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Balfour, Sir Isaac Bayley, 1853-1922 (professor of botany, University of Edinburgh and regius keeper of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh) 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Bruce, William Speirs, 1867-1921 (polar explorer and oceanographer) 1
- Bulfield, Grahame, 1941-: (geneticist, formerly director and chief executive, Roslin Institute, Edinburgh and vice-principal, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Burn Murdoch, William Gordon (Scottish artist and traveller) 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Croom, John Halliday, Professor Sir, 1847-1923 (physician) 1
- Edinburgh Mechanics' Subscription Library 1
- Edinburgh University Boat Club 1
- Edinburgh University Dramatic Society 1
- Fraser, Thomas Richard, Sir, 1841-1920 (physician and pharmacologist, professor of medicine at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Garvey, P J F, fl 1890s-1900s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Geddes, Sir Patrick, 1854-1932 (biologist, sociologist, educationist and town planner) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Gregory, James, 1753-1821 (professor of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Hamilton, Sir William, 1788-1856 (metaphysician ) 1
- Irvine, Louis Godfrey (medical scientist) 1
- Kennish, T L, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Lubkin, Gregory P, fl 1972-1996 (Edinburgh University alumnus, President of the American Friends of the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Maclaren, D, fl 1840s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- McMorran, John, Baillie (magistrate, Edinburgh) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Orr, Robert Low, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Orr, William J, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Ranken, Clerk (chemist) 1
- Russell, Alexander, fl 1770s-1780s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stephens, Riccardo, fl 1889-1896 (medic and author) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- Torrance, James B, 1923-2003 (theologian) 1
- Torrance, Thomas Forsyth, 1913-2007 (theologian, and Professor of Christian Dogmatics at New College, Edinburgh) 1
- University Hall (Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Students Representative Council 1
- Watson, James R, fl 1890s (Edinburgh University student) 1 ∧ less