Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents Nursing certificate, loose photographs, and autograph album.
Handmade magazine The Cavalier, double Xmas no 1916 Vol. IV, together with a photograph album of the Smythe family
Collection — Box: CLX-A-375
Scope and Contents One handmade 'magazine' constructed by Scottish ladies forming a group called 'The Cavalier Club', composed of Barbara E. Smythe (editor), Susy F. Lumsden (treasurer), Jean Drummond, Victoria A. Drummond, Frances A. Drummond, Doreen Arbuthnot, and Susan Newdegate. The magazine is entitled The Calavier and was to be borrowed by a select group of recipients, to help raise funds for the war effort. This is the Double Xmas no. 1916, vol IV. It includes short...
Scope and Contents Nursing certificate, photograph album, nursing badge, newspaper clipping, loose photographs, poem, and autograph albums with drawings and dedications.
Scope and Contents Management 1846-1948; administration 1905-1985; patients (bound records) 1904-1987
Scope and Contents Certificate of training 1910; certificate of registration Edinburgh City Hospital 1911; regulations for admission to Nursing Service Reserve 1908; letters of pay authorisation 1915; uniform and camp kit lists for Reserve; RIE School of Nursing certificate 1914; World War I passport 1914; military hospital identity card 1915
Scope and Contents At E2008.33, the collection of Prize orders, medals, and medallions awarded to William Hunter is composed of: - the Serbian Order of St. Sava - bejewelled breast Star - the Serbian Order of St. Sava - Medallion/Badge with ribbon; the obverse of the cross bears an oval enamelled portrait of the bishop St. Sava, the centre of which is encircled by blue and the motto of the order in old cyrillic...
Scope and Contents The collections is composed of autobiographical, biographical, memoir, and obituary material relating to Professor A. C. Aitken; war souvenirs and maps; correspondence relating to Aitken's publication From Gallipoli to the Somme; review material relating to From Gallipoli to the Somme; circa 20 photographs, both portrait and group; 3 commonplace (scrap-)books containing cuttings and newspaper articles on a variety of subjects -...
Scope and Contents Nursing certificates 1919-1926; documents regarding later work 1940-1950, WWI war medals; M.B.E. medal
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1624
Content Description This fonds is composed of The Seaforth Highlanders’ diary, which is in fact a collection of typescripts and manuscripts by Duncan W. P. Strang written during the First World War. They mainly contain a typescript draft of an unifinished book on the Seaforth Highlanders during the war, as well as abstracts of diaries and accounts of battles and tactical operations, and reflection on war and military strategy.The first text is the most structured and the most...
Collection — Box: CLX-D-72
Scope and Contents Two 'game books' which belonged to Major William Burton-Stewart, containing score tables recording his session of game birds shooting and black-and-white photographs of social events, hunting, and people. It also includes sketches and handwritten biographical and travelling accounts by Burton-Stewart himself. Places mentioned in the game books include Ratho Park, Conaglen, Stroud, Darleith, Lothians and the Borders, Venice, India, Ontario (Canada), etc.Highlights in the first album...
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 5
- Lothian Health Services Archive 5
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Arbuthnot, Doreen, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Frances A, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Jean, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Drummond, Victoria A, fl 1910s (contributor to 'The Cavalier' magazine) 1
- Hunter, William, 1861-1937 (Physician; Army Colonel) 1
- Lumsden, Susy F, fl 1910s (treasurer of 'The Cavalier club') 1
- Pilcher, Percy, 1866-1899 (British aviation pioneer) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1
- Seaforth Highlanders (1881-1961) (Ross-shire Buffs, The Duke of Albany's) 1
- Smythe, Barbara E, b 1899 (editor of The Cavalier) 1
- Stewart, William Burton-, 1872-1936 (Scottish solider and politician) 1
- Strang, Duncan William Park, b 1887 (minister) 1
- Strang, James Buchanan, 1889-1916 (Edinburgh University student) 1 ∧ less