Skip to main content

Kenuachrach Benbecula Inverness-shire Scotland

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Note which reads 'Tai mor a Bhailuacraich was this house called at Tolarum', 29 August 1870

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/111
Scope and Contents Note which reads 'Tai mor a Bhailuacraich was this house called at Tolarum' [possibly Kenuachrach, Torlum, Beinn na Faoghla/Benbecula].
Dates: 29 August 1870

Story about the use of a ruin as a place of worship, 20 January 1871

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/148
Scope and Contents Story collected from Hector MacLeod, aged 85, at Caisteal Bhuirgh/Borve Castle, Lionacleit/Linaclate, Beinn na Faoghla/Benbecula telling how when he was about twelve years old [c1798] he remembers the old people going to the tota [tobhta or ruin] at Bail-uachdrach [possibly Kenuachrach] to say their paidir as a pearsa eaglais [priest] was not able to come every Sunday. This suggests that the ruin was originally a church.
Dates: 20 January 1871