Skip to main content

Teampull Chlann a' Phiocair North Uist Inverness-shire Scotland

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Archaeological and historical notes on Teampul na Trianaid, 18 January 1871

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/134
Scope and Contents Archaeological and historical notes on Teampul na Trianaid collected from John Mac Innon [John MacKinnon], Carnish [Teampull na Trionaid, Cairinis/Carinish, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist] including that it was built by Nin Mhic Dhuil Latharna [Nighean Mhic Dh├╣ghaill, a daughter of MacDougall of Lorn] who went around building in different places to leave a name behind her. MacKinnon recalls seeing charred wood on top of the temple as a result of wood being burnt across Scotland in one night 'the...
Dates: 18 January 1871

Archaeological and historical notes on the construction of Teampull na Trionaid, 18 January 1871

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/136
Scope and Contents Archaeological and historical notes collected from John MacKinnon, Cairinis/Carinish, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist on the construction of Teampull na Trionaid. Included in the details are that the gable of the building fell down after people dug at the foundations to get the flagstone which were there. A man known as Uilleam Clachair, possibly William Paterson, who came from Assaint a Tua [Asainte/Assynt, Cataibh/Sutherland] to work at Baile Raghnaill/Balranald and Baile nan Caileach/Nunton...
Dates: 18 January 1871