Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: Created For = PJM
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Brown and black overprinted Ordnance Survey map (102cm x 145cm), at a scale of 6 inches to 1 mile, by city architect and planning officer Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson. The map is shows land use and accompanies the Coventry Development Plan 1952.
This plan is very fragile.
This plan is very fragile.
Scope and Contents Research regarding Coventry series consists of:
- reports from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department, 1955-1959
- City Centre development plans from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department, 1931-1956
Scope and Contents Papers and plans relating to the Coventry City Council
- papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department ,1939-1944
- collected reports and plans regarding Coventry's redevelopment, 1931-1959
Scope and Contents Letter to Sir John Charles Walsham Reith, Lord Reith, from Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson asking for help in an attempt to have Percy Johnson-Marshall excused active service in World War II, so that he could continue to work on reconstruction for Coventry City Architect's Department .
Dates: 15 March 1941
Scope and Contents Programme for the opening of the houses on the Canley Estate, Coventry on 18 December 1941 which was attended by the City of Coventry Housing Committee and the City Architect Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson, representing the Coventry City Architect's Department.
Dates: 18 December 1941
Scope and Contents This file contains a set of 8 labelled black and white photographic prints (15.5cm x 18.5cm) of the housing scheme at Canley Estate, Coventry, and some of the associated negatives on one sheet. There is also a photograph (11.5cm x 12cm) of a planning drawing, probably of the Canley Estate, and 2 black and white photographic print (16cm x 21cm) showing a block of flats under construction.
Scope and Contents Papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department consists of:
- general papers, photographs, press-clippings and plans, 1939-1945
- photographs, press-clippings and plans concerning housing development in Coventry, c1940-1944
- personal material concerning Percy Johnson-Marshall's employment, 15 March 1941
Scope and Contents Plans from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department consists of:
- The Coventry No 1 Town Planning Scheme, Map No 2, 1931
- City and Borough of Coventry, Development Plan 1951 - town map, 1951
- thematic maps of central Coventry, unknown
- Bell Green District Centre: general layout, 4 January 1956
Scope and Contents Redevelopment of Coventry - general material consists of:
- general papers, c1945
- general photographs, 1939
- press clippings and articles, 1940-1944
Scope and Contents File of papers relating to the redevelopment of Coventry. Includes an application under section I of the Town and Country Planning Act ( 1944) for the redevelopment of Coventry city centre, proceedings of the local public enquiry concerning this application for 25 June 1945 and captions to some missing photographs. There are also 2 pamphlets concerning Coventry's redevelopment and a contemporary street map.