Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: Created For = PJM
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Papers and plans relating to the Coventry City Council
- papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department ,1939-1944
- collected reports and plans regarding Coventry's redevelopment, 1931-1959
Scope and Contents 6 copy plans showing different house types for Coventry. 3 plans (22cm x 76cm) are by housing director AF Underhill, show small scale floor plans, reduced from 8 inches = 1 foot scale, for 3 different houses and are hand labelled Type A, Type B and Type C. 3 plans (71cm x 71cm) are by city architect Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson, show complete plans for the "three bedroom type" house at 1/8th and 1/12th scale. One of the floor plans was drafted by Percy...
Scope and Contents Programme for the opening of the houses on the Canley Estate, Coventry on 18 December 1941 which was attended by the City of Coventry Housing Committee and the City Architect Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson, representing the Coventry City Architect's Department.
Dates: 18 December 1941
Scope and Contents This file contains a set of 8 labelled black and white photographic prints (15.5cm x 18.5cm) of the housing scheme at Canley Estate, Coventry, and some of the associated negatives on one sheet. There is also a photograph (11.5cm x 12cm) of a planning drawing, probably of the Canley Estate, and 2 black and white photographic print (16cm x 21cm) showing a block of flats under construction.
Scope and Contents Coventry housing - plans consists of:
- house type plans, c1940
- proposed nursery plans,4 June 1940
- panoramic view of Coventry,c1940
Scope and Contents This file contains press clippings and journal articles by Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson concerning Coventry City Council's experimental pre-fabricated housing and other new housing developments.
Scope and Contents Papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department consists of:
- general papers, photographs, press-clippings and plans, 1939-1945
- photographs, press-clippings and plans concerning housing development in Coventry, c1940-1944
- personal material concerning Percy Johnson-Marshall's employment, 15 March 1941
Scope and Contents Redevelopment of Coventry - housing subseries consists of:
- material relating to the opening of the Canley Estate houses, 18 December 1941
- photographs of the Canley Estate,c1941
- press clippings and journal articles concerning Coventry's housing developments, 1940-1944
- plans for housing, a nursery and a panoramic view, c1940