Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: Created For = PJM
Found in 96 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Note about temples and Dun Siadar which reads 'Teampul[l] an Siatar Teamp[ull] Bhri'it Iain Moireastan built Dun-Shiatar. Laird of the land master of it.' [Teampull an Siadar, Teampull Bhrigit, Dun Siadar, all around Siadar/Shader, Eilean Leòdhais/Isle of Lewis].
Dates: 27 October 1873
Scope and Contents Note which reads 'Aft[er] build[ing] Te[a]mp[ull] Trian[aid], the fui[gh]leach was made to build S[aint] Michael' [Teampull na Trionaid, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist/Teampull Naomh Mhìcheil, Griomsaigh/Grimsay].
Dates: 18 January 1871
Scope and Contents Note about the chapel [at Stonefield Castle, Earra Ghàidheal/Argyllshire] that it is 'on top of [the] house because no person must walk above above (sic) "the Real Presence".'
Dates: June 1887
Scope and Contents Note about the church at Cill a Chaoireal [Cille Choirill], stating that it was built by Gilleaspa Caoireal, that the steeple of the old church was put on the new one and that it was said to be 'the highest stone that ever would be built'. Also notes that Guala Chrosda [Colla Chrosda] was the name of the seer who lived at Bonawe [Bun Abha, Earra Ghàidheal/Argyllshire].
Scope and Contents Note about the oven of Curalain [Curalan/St Cyril] collected from John Livingstone 'Muillear Mòr', Portnacroish, Appin [Port na Crois, An Apainn, Earra Ghàidheal/Argyllshire] aged 73 years, that he and his grandfather looked for it at the chapel [on Sgeir a' Phobuill] but could not find it. It was where Curalan baked his bread. The gables of the chapel were there.
Dates: 27 September 1883
Note about the use of scallop shells on the roofs of the Chapel at Notre Dame and Kisimul Castle, 1887
Scope and Contents Note about the use of scallop shells on the roofs of the Chapel at Notre Dame [Paris] and Kisimul Castle [Caisteal Chiosmul, Barraigh/Barra].
Scope and Contents Note clarifying the names of people at Carnish [Cairinis, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist] that the Bo mhaol bhuidhe [bò mhaol bhuide] came to Mac Ille Phadruig 'ic Dhonil [mac Ille Phadruig 'ic Dhòmhnaill], that Mac Coiseam was the man who built the west side of Teampull na Trionaid/Temple of the Trinity and that Nic Coiseam was muime [nurse] to Mac Iain ic Sheumais.
Dates: 20 January 1871
Scope and Contents Note collected from Donald MacGregor, Baile Garbh/Bailegarve, Lios Mòr/Lismore that there was 'a stone dated 1340 in raised figures' [on top of the] church.
Dates: 15 August 1883
Scope and Contents Note that the Bishop of Argyll lived on Bernera Island [Lios Mòre/Lismore] in a 'small house near the Temple'. It is noted as being in a dell which is a burial ground.
Dates: August 1883
Scope and Contents Note that Niall Donullach [Neil MacDonald] has an account of 'the Temple at Eorabie' [Teampull Mholuaidh, Eòropaidh/Eoropie, Eilean Leòdhais/Isle of Lewis]. His patronymic is given as 'Niall mac Uilleam'.
Dates: 27 October 1873