Skip to main content

Edinburgh -- Scotland

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 810 Collections and/or Records:

Broadcasting and the Churches, 1949

 Item
Identifier: BAI 1/6/1
Scope and Contents

Broadcast celebrating the silver jubilee of broadcasting in Edinburgh and examining how broadcasting is used to churches, comparing it with other means of communication.

Dates: 1949

Brunstane Park, 1870s-1930s

 Item
Identifier: Coll-1434/338
Scope and Contents

Photograph of men standing around a Clydesdale horse in Brunstane Park, [Edinburgh, Scotland] in 1931-1932.

Dates: 1870s-1930s

Buildings of architectural or historical interest, 1962

 Item
Identifier: PJM/PJMA/EUD/B/1.8.18
Scope and Contents

Plastic copy of a 1:1250 scale free-hand plan of the University of Edinburgh Comprehensive Development Area (76cm x 135cm) with listed building marked in colour with "letratone". The grade of architectural or historical listing is indicated in the legend.

Dates: 1962

Canals, Sluices, c1780-c1808

 Item
Identifier: Coll-204/22
Scope and Contents

Volume contains manuscript notes on hydroengineering.

Dates: c1780-c1808

Certificate of Right of Burial, 1910-1915

 Item
Identifier: Coll-99/10/3
Scope and Contents

Certificate of Right of Burial in the Metropolitan Cemetery, Mornigside, Edinburgh, purchased by George Ramsay Geikie in 1910 together with receipt for headstone erected following the death of James Geikie in 1915.

Dates: 1910-1915

Chambers Street plans as existing, 1971

 File
Identifier: PJM/PJMA/EUD/B/7.1.1
Scope and Contents

1/16" scale copy floor plans (70cm x 85cm) for the original Heriot-Watt College building on Chambers Street in Edinburgh, by the Heriot-Watt University Works Department. Sheets are numbered 1-7, corresponding to floors A-F.

Dates: 1971

Charm entitled 'Eolas Nam Mam', 24 June 1887

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW89/132
Scope and Contents

Charm entitled 'Eolas Nam Mam' [Charm of the Swellings] collected from John MacAulay from Gearrloch [Geàrrloch/Gairloch, Ros is Cromba/Ross and Cromarty] but living in Edinburgh [Dùn Èideann in which an axe is dipped in a pitcher of water and its edge put to the afflicted person reciting a charm beginning 'Bi si[u]d air Mam Chluaini, Bi so air Mam Ratagain'. Carmichael notes 'There must be seven mams.'

Dates: 24 June 1887

City and Royal Burgh of Edinburgh development plan - Southside District Plan - 1957 zoning, 1973

 File
Identifier: PJM/PJMA/EUD/C/4.3
Scope and Contents

Copy of plan (90cm x 116cm) by the City and Royal Burgh of Edinburgh showing details of land-use zoning in 1957 within the boundary of their South Side District Plan. The information is hand painted onto an Ordnance Survey plan at 1:1250 scale with the boundary of the district plan marked on it. There is a coloured legend to the ownership parcels.

Dates: 1973

City and Royal Burgh of Edinburgh Development Plan: St James Square (Leith Street etc) Comprehensive Development Area - Programme map for Comprehensive Development Area map no 5 (amended), c1963

 Item
Identifier: PJM/PJMA/EUD/B/1.8.15
Scope and Contents

Linen backed copy of 1:1250 Ordnance Survey Plan (65cm x 70cm), with local amendments, overlaid with phasing boundaries for the St James Square (Leith Street etc) Comprehensive Development Area. These were to take place over 20 years. The plan is hand-coloured and plot acreages are given. The hand coloured legend includes total acreages per phase.

Dates: c1963

City and Royal Burgh of Edinburgh development plan: University: Nicolson Street Comprehensive Development Area, 1972

 File
Identifier: PJM/PJMA/EUD/B/1.8.4
Scope and Contents

Set of 4 coloured manuscript themed plans by the City and Royal Burgh of Edinburgh overlaid on an Ordnance Survey 1:1250 scale mosaic base map (90cm x 120cm). One is a zoning map with coloured areas indicated for phases 1-4, each phase taking 5 years. One shows the levels of surveys required in certain areas, one shows electoral ward boundaries and one shows compulsory purchase designations in the area, with total acreages.

Dates: 1972