Skip to main content

Edinburgh University Union (1889-1973)



Edinburgh University Union was based in Teviot Row House, and was opened on 19 October 1889. In 1973 it merged with the Student representative Council to form the Edinburgh University Students' Association.

More information on its histopry can be found here.

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Archive of productions of Varsity Vanities and various dramatic groups

Identifier: Coll-1581
Scope and Contents

The collection is composed of: an archive of productions of 'Varsity Vanities', 1946-48, and various dramatic groups including Edinburgh University Dramatic Society, SRC Charities Week Office, Attic Theatre Co., Edinburgh Graduate Theatre Group, and others.

The material is placed in two photograph albums and a "document store", which contain photographs, programmes, cuttings, posters and correspondence.

Dates: 1946-1951

Photo album of Alexander Falconer Giles and family, 1898-1919

Identifier: Coll-1828/6/1
Scope and Contents Photorgaph album containing approx. 120 pictures, one postcard and five house plans. One postcard from Paris representing a Notre-Dame gargoyle, sent to Alexander F. Giles in 1914 Greek archaeological sites in Eleusis, Mycenae and Corinth, undated Two group pictures of officers at Skateraw Camp, 1905-1906 Photographs of Scottish scenery, such as the...
Dates: 1898-1919

University of Edinburgh Reference Collection

 Collection — Box EUA-A-9
Identifier: EUA-Ref
Scope and Contents Published and other reference material relating to the University of Edinburgh and University Archives.Edinburgh Indian Association, 1883-1983 (1983)Footman, Ray and Young, Bruce, Edinburgh University, An Illustrated Memoir (1983)Old College Quad: 1789-2011 (...
Dates: 1983-

Additional filters:

Collection 2
Archival Object 1
Amateur Theatre 1
Archaeological sites 1
Family papers 1
Greece 1
Photograph albums 1