Photo album of Alexander Falconer Giles and family, 1898-1919
Scope and Contents
- One postcard from Paris representing a Notre-Dame gargoyle, sent to Alexander F. Giles in 1914
- Greek archaeological sites in Eleusis, Mycenae and Corinth, undated
- Two group pictures of officers at Skateraw Camp, 1905-1906
- Photographs of Scottish scenery, such as the Falls of Shin, the Bridge of Oykel, and Cromarty Church
- Photographs of various activities and people: G. U. Union Presidents, 1902-07; holiday pictures (?) in Balmacara, Loch Tummel, Ballantrae; pictures of camps at Mertoun and Scoughall,
- Family pictures (weddings, portraits, group photographs, etc), 1907-1912
- Group photograph of Edinburgh University Union: Committee of Management, 1911-12, with names. Includes A. F. Giles.
- Photographs of Tyrol in Switzerland, September 1911
- More photographs of Scottish scenery (Carn nan Gabhar) and family pictures in Oban, 1912-13
- Two photographs of a ship (possibly a warship?)
- Group photograph of Edinburgh University Union: Committee of Management, 1918-19, with names. Includes A. F. Giles.
- Five plans of a house or building
Conditions Governing Access
- From the Fonds: Giles, Alexander Falconer, 1881-1963 (Lecturer in Classical History, University of Edinburgh) (Author, Person)