Coventry City Council, Coventry City Architect 's Department. Coventry City Architect's Department
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Brown and black overprinted Ordnance Survey map (102cm x 145cm), at a scale of 6 inches to 1 mile, by city architect and planning officer Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson. The map is shows land use and accompanies the Coventry Development Plan 1952.
This plan is very fragile.
This plan is very fragile.
Scope and Contents Research regarding Coventry series consists of:
- reports from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department, 1955-1959
- City Centre development plans from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department, 1931-1956
Scope and Contents Plans from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department consists of:
- The Coventry No 1 Town Planning Scheme, Map No 2, 1931
- City and Borough of Coventry, Development Plan 1951 - town map, 1951
- thematic maps of central Coventry, unknown
- Bell Green District Centre: general layout, 4 January 1956
Scope and Contents File of papers relating to the redevelopment of Coventry. Includes an application under section I of the Town and Country Planning Act ( 1944) for the redevelopment of Coventry city centre, proceedings of the local public enquiry concerning this application for 25 June 1945 and captions to some missing photographs. There are also 2 pamphlets concerning Coventry's redevelopment and a contemporary street map.
Scope and Contents Redevelopment of Coventry - general photographs consists of: 22 black and white photographic prints (9cm x 11.5cm) showing the first architectural model for the proposed redevelopment of the city centre. It was built by members of the Coventry City Architect's Department, under the direction of the City Architect Donald Gibson, during their spare time in, 1939 4 black and white photographic...
Scope and Contents Redevelopment of Coventry - housing subseries consists of:
- material relating to the opening of the Canley Estate houses, 18 December 1941
- photographs of the Canley Estate,c1941
- press clippings and journal articles concerning Coventry's housing developments, 1940-1944
- plans for housing, a nursery and a panoramic view, c1940
Scope and Contents Redevelopment of Coventry - proposed redevelopment plans consists of a set of 16 copy plans of the proposed redevelopment of Coventry. These cover a number of alternatives for the proposed redevelopment scheme: 5 plans (68cm x 70cm) at 1:2500 scale and are by the city architect, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson. Each of these plans differs slightly and one is hand-coloured to match the integral redevelopment...