Skip to main content

Note about a quarry on Tarasaigh/Taransay, 10 July 1870

Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/48

Scope and Contents

Note about a quarry on Tarasaigh/Taransay which reads 'Near Uamh Mhic Cailein [possibly Uamh Mhic Ailein] is a quarry of flags as fine as any of the Caithness flags. It c[o]u[l]d be worked to advantage. Flags were taken from here to Fincastle.'


  • Creation: 10 July 1870

Language of Materials

Gaelic English

Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.


From the Series: 64 folios ; 19.5 x 23 cm

Physical Location


Physical Location

folio 13r, line 12 to folio 13r, line 15

Repository Details

Part of the University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections Repository

Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379