MS 120: Composite manuscript containing three texts, 15th century
- f. 1v: Two cherubs playing an organ. The organ has a carved wooden pedestal and case, and two rows of metal pipes. One cherub is playing the instrument standing, the other is blowing for him.
- f. 2r: Pallas. Nude figure with an aureole of golden hair, a spear with banner in her right hand, while the left hand rests upon a golden embossed shield. The letters MX. MAN. are written below, and have apparently given rise to the idea that this miniature is by Mantegna, a supposition which does not seem to be borne out by its appearance.
- 15th century
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
1 bound MS volume
Binding: Oak boards covered brown stamped leather, 2 straps lost, rebacked.
Collation: Two fly-leaves, a2, b1, c12, d10-f10, g1=46
- Laing, David, 1793-1878 (antiquarian, bookseller, and librarian of the Signet Library) (Donor, Person)
- Alfonso V, King of Aragon, 1396-1458 (Former owner, Person)
- Biblioteca Reale di Napoli (Former owner, Organization)