Scrapbook containing letters from John Masefield to Elizabeth Talbot Rice
Scope and Contents
- Letter on p. 1 containing a small watercolour illustration of a boat
- Letter on p. 6 containing a poem that Masefield wrote for Elizabeth, preceded by the following introduction: 'THE POEM WRITTEN ON THIS PAGE IS EARNEST WARNING BY A SAGE'.
- Letter on p. 8 containing a poem using typography to create a visual impact
- Letter on p. 10 containing a poem on wax seals
- Letter on p. 11 containing a poem and an illustration of little ship
- Two printed poems on p. 16-17 entitled 'For the Sailors' and 'The Ambulance Ship', signed by Masefield
- Leaflet on p. 18 entitled 'Words spoken on the unveiling of the Memorials to the poets John Keats and Percy Shelley'
- Three short printed poems by Masefield relating to Christmas on p.19-21.
- 1930s-1960s (before 1967)
- Masefield, John, 1878-1967 (poet) (Author, Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script