Scope and Contents
Manuscript volume entitled 'Catalogue of double stars, clusters and nebulae' by an unknown author. A substantial part appears to have been copied from William Henry Smyth's work Cycle of Celestial Objects. The volume contains:
- Descriptions of the positions of stars, constellations, and celestial bodies (Auqarius, Andromeda, Antinous, Auroga etc.) during various nights in 1868 and 1869, not in chronological order (pp. 1-34).
- An 'index of to map of the Moon', and a 'description of the principal objects on the Moon' (pp. 34-51).
- Various astrological charts, including a table from Admiral Smyth's Cycle of Celestial Objects (pp. 51-65).
- A substantial table entitled 'The Bedford Catalogue', which is the second part of a two-volume work by William Henry Smyth entitled A Cycle of Celestial Objects (pp. 66-133).
- A table entitled 'Catalogue of Double Stars' (pp. 134-146).
- A table on Saturn (pp. 148-151).