Papers of the Cochrane Family
- Two documents relating to the marriage of William Cochrane and Agnes Carse, both dated 19 July 1706, Edinburgh: a marriage contract, listing over 400 points on which they pledged agreement, measuring 30 cm x 274 cm ; and a marriage agreement on vellum, measuring 38 cm x 53 cm.
- William Cochrane's admission as a 'Gildbrother', manuscript document on vellum, one page, 25 cm x 25 cm, dated 24 October 1707.
- James Cochrane's admission as a 'Gildbrother', manuscript document signed, one page on parchment, 28 cm x 25 cm, dated 21 March 1739.
- James Cochrane's admission as a 'Guild Brother', partly engraved document signed, 47 cm x by 33 cm, dated 26 October 1786.
- A partly engraved document signed certifying that James Cochrane, 'Printer in Edin[burgh]', is an 'Admitted Burges and guild-brother of the Burgh of Peebles', dated 26 August 1789.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Papers of the Cochrane Family, 1706-1789
- Description rules
- Language of description