Medals and photograph of Emily Charlotte Thomson and Alexander Thomson
- Five medals of Alexander Thomson from the University of Edinburgh, in: chemistry (1886-87), practical physiology (1887-88), natural history (1887), Institute of Medicine (1887-88), and a blank one on the same model.
- Three medals of Emily Charlotte Thomson: one from Arbroath High School - English Department (1879-80); two from the School of Medicine of Edinburgh - prize medal in clinical surgery (1890-91), and prize medal in clinical medicine (1890-91).
- One Cross from the Knights of St John awarded to Emily Thomson for her work in establishing the Womens Hospital in Dundee in c. 1900.
- One framed sepia photograph of Emily Thomson, undated.
- Majority of material found within 1879-1891
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Medical students
- Order of St. John
- Thomson, Alexander, fl 1880s (doctor, Edinburgh University medical student) (Recipient)
- Thomson, Emily Charlotte, 1864-1955 (doctor; medical officer to Dundee Women's Hospital) (Recipient)
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals
- Women in medicine
- Women students
- Medals and photograph of Emily Charlotte Thomson and Alexander Thomson, 1879-1991
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note