Archive of Sheena Lillian Tennant Kendall
List of material:
- Large collection of original autograph sheet music by Sheena Kendall, together with eight printed piano pieces by her. Manuscript material, dating from between 1902 and 1933, mainly from Fairlieburne, Fairlie, Argyllshire, Scotland.
- Notebook containing musical annotations by Nadia Boulanger and her pupil Sheena Kendall, ca 1909-1911.
- Five volumes of autograph diaries, covering four "seasons" studying under Bussmeyer, Beer-Walbrun and Schmid-Lindner at the Royal Academy of Music, Munich; with descriptions of concerts by notable musicians. 1904-1908
- Collection of six items of printed sheet music, all piano pieces by her, including arrangements of poems by W. B. Yeats; Alfred, Lord Tennyson; W. E. Henley; David Doyle. 1912-1917
- Notebook entitled "Concert & Theatre Book 1902-1904" of Sheena Kendall, recording her attendance at events while studying music in Munich. 1902-1904
- Notebook of Sheena Kendall containing a record of "Concerts, Theatres etc." attended by her in London between 1916 and 1918.
- Three "India diaries": Two Autograph Accounts (in 3 volumes) by Sheena Tennant of a tour with Maitland across India in a private railway car, encountering Bhupal Singh of Udaipur and Pratab Singh of Idar. November 1912 - March 1913.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
1 linear metre
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Archive of Sheena Lillian Tennant Kendall, 1902-1933
- Language of description
- Script of description