Lothian Gay and Lesbian Switchboard and Lothian Lesbian Line Annual Report and Accounts, 1994 - 1995
Scope and Contents
A summary review is provided which discusses the following: The 21st anniversary of Switchboard; achievements in 1994-1995 including continued increase in calls and activity; the increased profile of Switchboard and the bus advertising campaign; continued harm caused by societal attitudes towards the gay community; Switchboard’s role in health services and their relationship with health service providers; women counsellors working on the main helpline; HIV and AIDS prevention and education; a safety campaign in response to violent assaults on gay men; work achieved by Lesbian Line; and the first Scottish Switchboard’s Association Conference.
Reviews of helpline calls, HIV, AIDS and safer sex education, face-to-face befriending work and social groups, finances, and other activities including training and advertising is included.
Also included is a Statement of Accounts, and Call Statistics for the year ending 31/03/1995, which lists the types and number of calls.
Two additional pages are inserted which details Switchboard's Income and Expenditure at 31/03/1996, and which have handwritten calculations and notes.
- 1994 - 1995
Conditions Governing Access
- Safer sex
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) | Prevention |
- Anti-LGBTQ+ violence
- Charitable Uses, Trusts, and Foundations
- Financial Statements
- HIV (Viruses)
- HIV (Viruses) | Lothian (Scotland) |
- HIV (Viruses) | Scotland |
- LGBTQ+ discrimination
- Mission statements
- Sexual Health
- From the Fonds: Sinclair, Cecil James Herbert , 21 May 1931 - 20 October 2004 (gay rights activist) (Person)
- From the Fonds: Edinburgh Befrienders (Organization)
- From the Fonds: Edinburgh Gay Switchboard and Lesbian Line (Organization)
- From the Fonds: Lothian Gay and Lesbian Switchboard (Organization)