Lothian Gay and Lesbian Switchboard Annual Report and Accounts, 1997-1998
Scope and Contents
A Chairperson’s report is included which discusses the following: building on progress achieved in previous year and an organisational review; the closure of Glasgow’s Lesbian Line; introducing safer sex in to calls and Switchboard’s role in preventing HIV, AIDS, and other STDs; raising awareness of other agencies; and the age of consent.
A Lesbian Line report is included which discusses the service provided by Lesbian Line and their priorities for the following year. The following achievements are listed: developed and promoted the Icebreakers Social Group as a resource service for women; raising the profile and funds for LGLS through the women's club, Divine Divas; and raised the awareness of lesbian and women's health, including safer sex, to wider audiences.
Statistics are provided for calls made to Switchboard between 1997-1998 with breakdowns for specific categories included. Details are provided which outline LGLS's call support services, client support services, telephone helpline support services, and healthy alliances with other groups and organisations.
The Income and Expenditure Account for the Year 01/04/1997 to 31/03/1998 is included.
Conditions Governing Access
- Safer sex
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) | Prevention |
- Age of consent
- Financial Statements
- Fund raising
- Grants and funding
- HIV (Viruses)
- HIV (Viruses) | Lothian (Scotland) |
- HIV (Viruses) | Scotland |
- Sexual Health
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases | Prevention |
- From the Fonds: Sinclair, Cecil James Herbert , 21 May 1931 - 20 October 2004 (gay rights activist) (Person)
- From the Fonds: Edinburgh Befrienders (Organization)
- From the Fonds: Edinburgh Gay Switchboard and Lesbian Line (Organization)