Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Class cards, tickets, and letters of testimonial of John Brown, Thomas S. Brown and William B. Clark
Scope and Contents The material spans 1824 to 1835. There is one class card in the name of William B. Clark. In addition there is a printed document dated 27 April 1831 and published by the Royal College of Surgeons in London which notes the regulations respecting the professional education of candidates for the College's diploma. There are 34 cards and tickets relating to John Brown and his study path. There are 21 cards and tickets relating to Thomas S. Brown, including one of which is an Edinburgh Academy card...
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter FRCP FACP Executive Dean Faculty of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, and Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter
Scope and Contents The Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter, and of Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter, are comprised of:Box 1: 1 x folder - correspondence, 1981-1987 1 x folder - correspondence, contracts and other material relating to film And so goodbye, 2003-2004 1 x folder - graduation material, programmes, seating plans, dinner menus etc - 1981-1987 2 x folders - collection of...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of correspondence, copies of committee meeting documentation, and printed matter: Box 1: Postgraduate Board, Policy and membership - 1975-1990 Scottish Council for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Education (SCPMDE), Postgraduate News - 1973-1979 Minutes/Committee and Sub-committee meetings - 1979-1992 ...
Scope and Contents Management 1728-1974; administration 1854-2002; finance (ledgers) 1729-1969; salaries and wages books 1880-1968; finance (papers) 1727-1974; supplies: drugs, housekeeping etc 1797-1968; plans and buildings 1738-1988; correspondence 1727-1984; societies attached to the RIE 1913-2001; schools attached to the RIE 1913-1985; professional associations 1933-1986; nursing 1828-1998; medical students 1768-1987; Residency 1838-1987; non-nursing staff 1842-1988; patients: financial 1856-1964; patients...
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents This group of 3 letters discusses life and study at Edinburgh University. Letter dated 21 April 1797: Dates and duration of terms - Discussion about the courses in Botany and his admiration of his mentors Letter dated 23 May 1797: Expressing concern at not having a reply to his...
Scope and Contents The Alexander Woodcock notebooks contain: Lectures on Anatomy and Physiology - Alexander Jardine Lizar - notebook noted 5 November 1833 Lectures on Chemistry - Doctor Hope - 11 July 1845 A third volume contains: Notes from 1 September 1843 - 20 July 1844 - Patient cases ...
- University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections 6
- Lothian Health Services Archive 1
- Medical students 6
- Students 3
- Medicine 2
- Anatomy 1
- Chemistry 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Hospital patients | Scotland | 1
- Hospitals Medical staff 1
- Hospitals | Administration | 1
- Hospitals | Design and construction | 1
- Hospitals | Finance 1
- Hospitals | Law and legislation | 1
- Hospitals | Planning | 1
- Hospitals | Staff | 1
- Hospitals, Convalescent | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Letters 1
- Medals 1
- Medical records | Scotland | 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Nursing services | Administration 1
- Nursing | Scotland | Practice | 1
- Nursing | Scotland | Study and teaching | 1
- Physicians 1
- Physiology 1
- Professional Recognition 1
- Public hospitals | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- Residents (Medicine) | Scotland | 1
- Student notes 1
- Teaching hospitals | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1 ∧ less
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 3
- Adams, William, fl. 1797-1799 (medical student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Brown, John, fl. 1824-1834, General Practioner 1
- Brown, Thomas S., fl. 1828-1835, General Practitioner 1
- Clark, William B., fl. 1820s, Minister 1
- NHS Education for Scotland 1
- Potter (née Ross), Elizabeth Mackay, Dr., 1924-1979 (physician) 1
- Potter, Jacobus Louw, Dr. (physician, scientist) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less