Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents An index at the beginning of this substantial volume of clinical case notes lists 28 women and 31 men with their symptoms and treatment recorded in manuscript notes over more than 600 pages. The manuscript offers much information on the methods of these two leading 18th century Scottish physicians.
Scope and Contents The 5 x slips (fragments) were discovered by cataloguing staff inside earlier Edinburgh University theses. They are handwritten in ink. The fragments are: - a note of page references with some remarks relating to a medical text - a list of theses sent either by or to Prof. Christison, Edinburgh College, 26 July 1844 - with the names Vass, Anderson, Chepmell, Etherington, Fleming, Jones ...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of notes and news cuttings at Dc.2.76/17, a dissertation at Gen. 1931, and three manuscript diaries at E2008.14. The material at Dc.2.76/17 consists of a notebook (circa 17 pages) with notes accompanying several newspaper cuttings on various University activities. The front cover is noted 'Edinburgh University / Various Student Activities / 1887-1888'. It contains clippings relating to: the Rectorial Elections 1887 and 1888 and from theScottish Leader28...
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Scope and Contents The material in the collection is composed of: a list of candidates selected for Rockefeller Medical Studentships, 1942; a letter dated 3 June 1942 from the Universities Bureau of the British Empire indicating that travel arrangements had been made for passage to the USA; a typescript copy of the thesis entitled Fluid retention in patients with chronic liver disease by James S. Robson, M.B., Ch.B. (Hons), and with tables and figures to the thesis; and, a summary of...
Scope and Contents The scrapbook or album (commonplace book) contains class cards, class certificates, notes and other printed matter relating to the study period of James Kenneth Watson at Edinburgh University - covering 1888-91, and subjects such as Chemistry, Practical Chemistry, Anatomy, Practical Anatomy, Anatomical demonstrations, Botany, Natural History, Institutes of Medicine, Practical Physiology, Practical Pathology, Practical Materia Medica, including Pharmacy, Materia Medica, General Pathology,...
Scope and Contents This volume of notes is based on Monro's surgical lectures at Edinburgh Medical School, 1774-1775. The manuscript lectures are sub-headed Lectures 1-13 and are in two distinct hands - the first two lectures in one, and the rest in another. The paper is watermarked with a crown and the initials GR, undated, but this L.V.Gerrevink paper commonly used throughout much of the 18th century. Both hands are clear and legible, with just a few corrections, and occasional additions written on the verso of...
Scope and Contents This archive contains the working papers of Sir Ian Wilmut, including copies of published scientific papers, papers relating to Wilmut's scientific research including applications for funding, correspondence with the public and with various organisations, and material regarding the press and media and Wilmut's public appearances. The papers relate to Wilmut's work at the ARC Unit of Reproductive Physiology and Biology at Cambridge, the Animal Breeding Research Organisation (later the Institute...
Scope and Contents 5 boxes of correspondence between himself and a variety of individuals (including James Watt, Prince Paul Dashkov, John Robison) and on a variety of subjects: linen bleaching, use of lime water, assays of ores, civic water supply, mineralogical specimens, absorption of heat etc 1 box of family letters between Black, his father and his brothers Samuel, George and Thomas ...
- Medicine 8
- Students 3
- Anatomy 2
- Physicians 2
- Albums 1
- Animal embryology 1
- Calorimeters 1
- Calorimetry 1
- Carbon Dioxide 1
- Chemistry 1
- Cloning 1
- Commonplace-books 1
- Diaries 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- Genetics 1
- Medals 1
- Medals -- University of Edinburgh 1
- Medical students 1
- Natural History 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Physiology 1
- Regenerative Medicine 1
- Sketchbooks & albums 1
- Stem cells 1
- Student notes 1
- Surgery 1
- Temperature Measurements 1
- Therapeutics 1
- Thermodynamics 1
- Transgenic animals 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1 ∧ less
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 ("Secundus", Professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Anderson, John William Johnsten, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Carruthers, Dr., Samuel William, 1866-1962 (Doctor; Anaesthetist) 1
- Chepmell, Edward Charles, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Cullen, William, 1710-1790 (chemist and mettalurgist) 1
- Fleming, Alexander, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Gregory, James, 1753-1821 (professor of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Jones, Frederick Denbigh, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Jones, Thomas Cumpston, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Lavoisier, Antoine Laurent, 1743-1794 (French chemist) 1
- Robison, John, 1739-1805 (professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Robson, James Scott, Professor, 1921-2010 (professor of medicine, Edinburgh University) 1
- Roslin Institute 1
- Royal Medical Society (Edinburgh, Scotland) 1
- Rutherford, Daniel, 1749-1819 (physician and botanist) 1
- University of Edinburgh MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine (stem cell research centre) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Edinburgh University Library 1
- University of Glasgow (Scottish University)) 1
- Vass, James, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Wardell, John Richard, fl. 1844 (Edinburgh University graduate) 1
- Watson, James Kenneth, fl.1885-1896 (surgeon) 1
- Watt, James, 1736-1819 (engineer) 1
- Whytt, Robert, 1714-1766 (professor of theory of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Wilmut, Ian, Sir, 1944-: (professor of reproductive science, University of Edinburgh) 1 ∧ less