Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of highly colourful drawings of minerals and are organised into five volumes of accompanying notes. Manuscript notes in the volumes indicate that the drawings are arranged in families according to the system of Professor Robert Jameson (1774-1854).
Scope and Contents The correspondence in the collection consists entirely of letters to Charles William Peach about the plants and fossils of Caithness. Some comments too against Darwin's theory of evolution. There are also obituaries, press-cuttings and letters about Robert Dick.
Scope and Contents The collection contained in two files, six notebooks and one envelope within an archive box is composed of: copies in typescript ofOn the loss of James Hutton's geological collection, an address given on 12 March 1941; notes on James Hutton and the wider Hutton family; correspondence 1939; correspondence 1942-1947; notes on Hutton and Isaac Newton; and address delivered by Munro to the Edinburgh Geological Society, 19 March 1947; genealogical notes; and, assorted notes and correspondence.
Scope and Contents Manuscript copy and typed copy of Flett's account of his student days at Edinburgh University, 1886-1894.
Scope and Contents The records of the Wernerian Natural History Society consist of:
- 2 volumes of Minute Books (January 1808-April 1858)
- Minerals 2
- Botanists 1
- Edinburgh -- Scotland 1
- Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) 1
- Mineralogists 1
- Mineralogy 1
- Natural History 1
- Neptunian Theory 1
- Petrology 1
- Rocks, Igneous 1
- Societies, Natural History 1
- Volcanism 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- English 1
- Hutton, James, 1726-1797 (Scottish geologist) 2
- Anderson, Tempest, 1846-1913 (opthalmic surgeon, photographer and volcanologist) 1
- Cust, Richard, 1754-1844, Geologist 1
- Dick, Robert, 1811-1866, Geologist and Botanist 1
- Flett, John Smith, Sir, 1869-1947 1
- Geikie, James, 1839-1915 (professor of geology, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Jameson, Robert, 1774-1854 (geologist and professor of natural history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Munro, Rolland J. B., fl 1939-1947, Researcher of James Hutton 1
- Peach, Charles William, 1808-1886, Geologist 1
- Werner, Abraham Gottlob, 1750-1817 (German geologist, inspector and teacher, Freiberg Mining Academy) 1
- Wernerian Natural History Society (1808-1858) 1 ∧ less