Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Material relating to Charles A. Anderson
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Notebooks of lectures at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of 20 notebooks containing notes on legal and medical lectures given at the University of Edinburgh, taken down by Robert Low Orr and William J. Orr. Also includes some class cards, exam papers, and ephemera of Robert Low Orr. Robert Low Orr: Lectures on Metaphysics (Fraser) Robert Low Orr: Law lectures (Muirhead, Macpherson) Robert Low Orr: Scots law...
Notes of 'RB', of lectures 'on the practice of physic' given by James Gregory
Scope and Contents Three bound volumes of notes of lectures 'on the practice of physic', given by James Gregory (1753-1821), Professor of Medicine at the University of Edinburgh. The volumes have a bookplate with the letters 'RB'.
Papers of Anne Dollar Davies, former medical student at the University of Edinburgh
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of Anne Davies's papers relating to her life as a medical student at the University of Edinburgh between 1939 and 1945, and to her training in three hospitals in the mid and late 1940s. It also includes photographs relating to class reunions and to the Edinburgh Graduate Association, of which she was president for a year. Student notes, c 1939-1944; 1969. Student manuals and...
Dates: c 1920-1990
Student notes taken down by J. Cabbell of lectures by Alexander Monro primus, and John Rutherford
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on clinical medicine given by Prof. John Rutherford, 1755-1756, and notes of lectures on anatomy given by Alexander Monro primus, circa 1752-1755, taken by J. Cabbell.
Dates: c 1752-1756
- Medical students 3
- Student lecture notes 3
- Medicine 2
- Medicine | History | 2
- Forensic medicine 1
- Law (Scotland) 1
- Materia medica 1
- Medals 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Pathology 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1
- Women in medicine 1
- Women students 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- English 1
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Fraser, Thomas Richard, Sir, 1841-1920 (physician and pharmacologist, professor of medicine at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Gregory, James, 1753-1821 (professor of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Orr, Robert Low, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Orr, William J, fl 1870s-1880s (Edinburgh University student) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1 ∧ less