Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: Created For = NAHSTE Updated for = Charles Lyell Project 2020
Found in 35 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Photograph of a few people with their donkeys travelling along a country road in Puebla, Mexico with the active volcano, Popocatepetl in the background in the early 20th century.
Identifier: Coll-203/2/folio(s) 36-38
Scope and Contents Calculations of Barometrical Observations in La Palma, Canary Islands giving heights in feet of various volcanic features including of the Central Ridge of the Caldera, 12 July 1854.
Dates: 12 July 1854
Scope and Contents The Correspondence of Sir Archibald Geikie: American geologists sub-series consists of:
- 67 letters and postcards, alphabetically arranged (1878-1907).
Scope and Contents The Correspondence of Sir Archibald Geikie: Australian and New Zealand geologists sub-series consists of:
- 11 letters, alphabetically arranged (1884-1900)
Scope and Contents Correspondence of Sir Archibald Geikie: French geologists, Barrios sub-series consists of:
- letters, particularly from Charles Barrios of the Faculty of Science, University of Lille, discussing such items as the 8th International Geological Congress in Paris, 1900, various scientific publications and French volcanoes.
Scope and Contents The Correspondence of Sir Archibald Geikie: Italian, Spanish and Portuguese geologists sub-series includes letters from:
- Giovanni Capellini (1886-1904).
- WP Jervis (1882-1889).
- Giuseppe De Lorenzo (1901-1906).
- Gaetno Platania (1893-1906).
Scope and Contents The Correspondence of Sir Archibald Geikie: Letters from Coutts Trotter sub-series includes letters from:
- 3 letters, chronologically arranged (1879-1886)
Scope and Contents The Correspondence: Henry Hyatt Howell to Arthur Roope Hunt sub-series consists of:
- 22 letters, alphabetically arranged (1884-1909)
Identifier: Coll-203/2/folio(s) 28-32
Scope and Contents Diagrams relating to a paper read by Sir Charles Lyell to the Geology Society including a section of the coast and sections of volcanic features, 1854.
Scope and Contents Document by Carlo Gemmellaro concerning the course of the lava flows on Mount Etna during the eruption of 1852, 21 April 1858.
Dates: 21 April 1858