London County Council (1887-1965)
Found in 181 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Typescript note concerning a change of use, from office buildings to residential, for buildings planned as part of the London County Council Comprehensive Development Area no 7: Lewisham Clock Tower.
Dates: 7 September 1953
Scope and Contents The papers related to London County Council consist of: committee reports and agenda, (1949-1959) public relations, (1950-1968) Royal Commission on Local Government in Greater London, (1937-1960) Architect's Department, (1940s-1964) Comprehensive Development Areas, (1944-c1960) miscellaneous Development Areas,...
Scope and Contents London County Council: Architect's Department consists of:
- Administrative County of London Development Plan, 1951, (1945-1958)
- planning manuals and methodologies, (1940s-1959)
- staffing issues, (1945-1959)
- general work, (1944-1964)
- exhibitions, (1951-1959)
- sociological reports, (1951-1957)
London County Council Architect's Department: Administrative County of London Development Plan, 1951, 1945-1958
Scope and Contents London County Council Architect's Department: Administrative County of London Development Plan, 1951 consists of:
- development plan, (1945-1956)
- development plan review, (1957-1958)
Scope and Contents London County Council Architect's Department: exhibitions consists of:
- exhibition papers and photographs, (1951-1959)
- exhibition poster and plan, (c1951)
Scope and Contents London County Council Architect's Department: general work consists of: Reconstruction Areas Group, (1944-1950) North East Group, (1957-1958) Housing Division, (1946-1957) Town Planning Policy and Progress Meetings, (1954-1958) proofs of evidence, (1950-1957) plans - open space deficiency maps, (1964) ...
Scope and Contents London County Council Architect's Department: planning manuals and methodologies consists of: internal manuals, (c1951-1959) memos, (1955-1958) Town and Country Planning Act circulars, (1947-1959) sample forms and notifications, (1940s and 1950s) research materials, (1947-1955) filing system information, (1948) ...
Scope and Contents A set of 35 sociological reports written by Margaret Willis for London County Council's Architect's Department. The reports are based on primary research conducted through questionnaire and survey work and report on a number of factors which would influence housing design and amenity provision. There are different editions or drafts of some of the titles, and some include original photographs or are typescript. Subjects cover a wide range of issues, including: social surveys, high rise...
Scope and Contents London County Council Architect's Department: staffing issues consists of:
- internal telephone directories, (1953-1959)
- Reconstruction Areas Group staffing, (1945-1955)
- staff reorganisation - 1956, (1955-1956)
- North East Group staffing issues, (1954-1959)
Scope and Contents London County Council: Committee reports and agenda consists of:
- Town Planning Committee, (1950-1959)
- other committees, (1949-1959)