George Mosman was possibly born in 1669(?) and died in either 1707 or 1708. He was a bookseller and printer in Edinburgh with a shop on the South Side of Parliament Close and his printing house in Hart’s Close, over against the Tron-Church. He was appointed Printer to the Church of Scotland. In 1692 he presented the College Library with a handsome French Book of Hours (ca 1500), probably as a means of furthering his business interests, since his name appears regularly in Library accounts thereafter. The volume is listed (MS 43) in "A descriptive catalogue of the western mediaeval manuscripts in Edinburgh University Library", by Catherine R. Borland (Edinburgh: 1916).