Skip to main content

Note about Crann[o]g nien Ri L[och]lann, September 1872

Identifier: Coll-97/CW90/147

Scope and Contents

Note about Crann[o]g nien Ri L[och]lann [Crannog nighean Rìgh Lochlainn/Dùn Crannag] that it is situated at Crannag [Barraigh/Isle of Barra], which is where the placename comes from. A dun was built for here there but the roof was filled over and the people inside were killed. It is mentioned in the poem 'Tha Chr[a]n[na]g fo chlachan an duin'.


  • Creation: September 1872

Language of Materials


Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.


From the Series: 72 folios ; 12.7 x 20 cm

Physical Location


Physical Location

folio 61v, line 1 to folio 61v, line 7

Repository Details

Part of the University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections Repository

Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379