Skip to main content

Note about the island Eilean Mhunde, August 1883

Identifier: Coll-97/CW120/124

Scope and Contents

Note about the island Eilean Mhunde [Earra GhĂ idheal/Argyllshire] that it is connected to Saint Munn and that half of it belongs to Callart and half to Bailchaolais [Ballachulish]. Carmichael notes that 'They used to hear prayers on Sgeir a Phobiull at night ...& music of a beaut[iful] kind as of sweet voic[e]d saints'. There is a ruined fort on the top of the island.


  • Creation: August 1883

Language of Materials


Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.


From the Series: 1 notebook ; 17.5 x 10.8 cm

Physical Location


Physical Location

folio 38r, line 1 to folio 38r, line 11

Repository Details

Part of the University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections Repository

Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379