MS 163: Composite manuscript containing tables and three texts, 12th-15th centuries
- 12th-15th centuries
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
1 bound MS volume
Kibre, Pearl. "Hippocratic Latinus: Repertorium of Hippocratic Writings in the Latin Middle Ages (II)." Traditio XXXII (1976): 257-292.
McLachlan, Elizaveth P. The Scriptorium of Bury St Edmunds in the twelfth century(New York, 1984), p. 320.
Binding: Modern, soft boards, covered vellum, lettered 'Joannie[ii]...Medicina Varia.'
Collation: a9 (+2), b8-i8, k1 (inserted), l8-p8, q6 = 120.
- Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds (Former owner, Organization)
- Spelman, Henry, Sir, ? 1564-1641 (English antiquary) (Former owner, Person)
- Turner, Dawson, 1775-1858 (English banker, botanist and antiquary) (Former owner, Person)
- Palgrave, Francis, Sir, 1788-1861 (Former owner, Person)
- Laing, David, 1793-1878 (antiquarian, bookseller, and librarian of the Signet Library) (Former owner, Person)