South Bank: planning correspondence and papers, 1954-1955
Scope and Contents
The first file is entitled "Redevelopment South Bank 1954" and statistics and a report relating to the development of "Upstream Offices" which was to be occupied by the Shell Group of Companies, a list of cases with their planning application reference numbers, a manuscript report on the plan and a typescript report for the London County Council General Purposes Committee.
The second file contains a manuscript draft and the final typescript report to the London County Council Town Planning Committee on open space on the South Bank along with a related memorandum.
The third file contains general administration, including: memorandum, notes of meetings and and correspondence relating to the development of the South Bank area.
- Johnson-Marshall, Percy, 1915-1993 (professor of urban design and regional planning, University of Edinburgh) (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
From the Sub-Fonds: 3.5 metres
Sarah Higgins 2 March 2004
- City Planning
- Johnson-Marshall, Percy, 1915-1993 (professor of urban design and regional planning, University of Edinburgh)
- Local Government
- London (England)
- London County Council (1887-1965)
- London County Council, General Purposes Committee. General Purposes Committee
- London County Council, Town Planning Committee. Town Planning Committee
- London County Council. Architect's Department
- Office Buildings
- Open Spaces
- Postwar Reconstruction
- Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies (1907-:)