Collection of Professor Donald Mackinnon
Scope and Contents
- Medical manuscripts (especially important given the recent news of the discovery of Irish text in the Ibn S͏īna manuscript).
- Collection of religious texts and linguistic notes by Reverend John Smith, dating from c. 1810.
- Collection of religious texts, including sermons, hymns, and catechisms, that would have been used by speakers of Gaelic in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Collection of songs (including ballads), prose and poetry from the 18th and 19th centuries.
- 15th-19th century
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Other Finding Aids
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Collection of Professor Donald Mackinnon (1839-1914)