Lothian Gay and Lesbian Switchboard Annual Report and Accounts, 1998-1999
Scope and Contents
A Chairperson’s report is included which discusses the following: 25 years of Switchboard; the establishment of three committees (Corporate Services and Public Relations, Finance and Planning, and Education and Team Development); the need for improved accommodations and access facilities; introducing safer sex into calls and Switchboard’s role in preventing HIV, AIDS, and other STD’s; raising awareness of other agencies; equalising the age of consent; and the attach on the Admiral Duncan bar in London.
A Lesbian Line report is included which discusses the following: the service provided by Lesbian Line; developing and promoting the Icebreakers social group; raising awareness of lesbian and women’s health issues, including safer sex, to a wider audience; and Divine Divas.
Statistics are provided for calls made to Switchboard between 1998 and 1999 with breakdowns for specific categories included. Details are provided which outline LGLS's call support services, callers support services, telephone helpline support services, and LGLS’s healthy alliances with other groups and organisations.
The Income and Expenditure Account for the Year 01/04/1998 to 31/03/1999 is included.
Conditions Governing Access
- Safer sex
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) | Prevention |
- Age of consent
- Anti-LGBTQ+ violence
- Financial Statements
- HIV (Viruses)
- HIV (Viruses) | Lothian (Scotland) |
- HIV (Viruses) | Scotland |
- LGBTQ+ support groups
- Sexual Health
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases | Prevention |
- From the Fonds: Sinclair, Cecil James Herbert , 21 May 1931 - 20 October 2004 (gay rights activist) (Person)
- From the Fonds: Edinburgh Befrienders (Organization)
- From the Fonds: Edinburgh Gay Switchboard and Lesbian Line (Organization)