Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Content Description This collection includes objects relating to the Commonwealth Games held in Edinburgh in 1986, that belonged to Colin Cruickshank. One banner celebrating the University's Quatercentenary in 1983 that had been hanged on the wall of the Sports Hall during the 1986 Commonwealth Games. The Sports Hall had been turned into the Air Weapons Range for the occasion. Two Commonwealth Games commemorative...
Fonds — Box: EUA-A-10
Identifier: EUA GD67
Scope and Contents 2 matriculation cards (1862 and 1864); class cards - Greek (1862), Law of Scotland (1862/3), Scots law (1862/3), Criminal law (Summer session, 1863).
Content Description This fonds consists of 25 technical drawings produced by John McKay Campbell for his engineering degree, which he started in 1934 at the University of Edinburgh, and completed in June 1939 after the war. Titles of drawings include: "D.C. Machine", "Light Country Bridge", "Proposed road", "Grouped flange-place splice", "Survey of pasture fields", "Survey of drill fields", and "Non-concurrent coplanar forces".
Identifier: EUA GD63
Scope and Contents Groups of photographs, mounted on presentation boards, showing views of the University campus in the early 20th century.
Dates: early 20th century
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of miscellaneous undergraduate materials from 1978-82 belonging to Magnus Grimond, relating to his studies in law and history. Grimond studied at Edinburgh University between 1978 and 1982, although 1980/81 was spent at the University of Pennsylvania. Scots Law 1, 1978-79: course summary, reading and lecture notes and essays. Scottish Legal System, 1978-79, &...
Item — Box: EUA GD4; EUA CA10
Identifier: EUA CA10
Scope and Contents Certificate awarding heraldic arms to the University of Edinburgh.
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of the lectures notes, photographs and slides of Rev. George Hastie, student at the University of Edinburg in the late 1960s. The lecture notes were taken by Hastie for his MA course at Edinburgh Univertsity between 1967 and 1970. The slides show photographs taken by Hastie in 1966, 1967 and 1968. Also includes a rectorial election leaflet entitled 'The Making of a Rector', printed for the Tom Hutton Campaign in 1968.1. The lecture notes include a complete set of MA...
Scope and Contents The papers of Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville reflect his academic, public, and private interests. There are many bundles of notes both in manuscript and typescript; notebooks; and, correspondence. There are Edinburgh University examination papers; Heriot-Watt Minutes from the 1960s; and, Edinburgh Corporation Education Committee Minutes from the 1960s. The papers also include census material; records of persons placed on probation; material relating to the Historical Association of...
Dates: circa 1910-1962
Scope and Contents The papers at shelfmark Gen. 2044-2073 consist of notebooks of notes from lectures at Edinburgh University and in India, 1878-1890.At MSS 2592-2593 there are personal papers including correspondence, a school notebook of handwriting dated 1875, and a school fees receipt dated 1869; photographs; notes of Natural Philosophy classes, 1879; and, essays, 1879. There is material marking celebrations of Edinburgh University Tercentenary; material of the Dialectic Society and the Diagnostic...
Dates: circa 1869-1930
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Research papers of Andrew Cronshaw, who worked for the University of Edinburgh as a biochemist from c. 1982, alongside Prof. Michael Gardner, Prof. Richard Ambler, Prof. Alastair Aitken and others. It includes textbook, instrumental booklets, instrument promotion documents, correspondence, and instrument data outputs. These items were rescued from several clear outs and laboratory moves, were curated and deemed important for future generations. ...
- University of Edinburgh -- students 4
- Examination Papers 2
- Lectures and Lecturing 2
- Student activities | Edinburgh (Scotland) 2
- Student lecture notes 2
- University of Edinburgh -- student lecture notes 2
- Anniversaries and Special Events 1
- Biochemistry 1
- Botany 1
- Charities 1
- Christianity 1
- Commonwealth Games 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Engineering 1
- Engineering Drawings 1
- Ethics 1
- Family papers 1
- Greek Language 1
- History 1
- History | Study and teaching 1
- India -- Madras 1
- Law (Scotland) 1
- Law -- Study and Teaching 1
- Minutes 1
- Philosophy 1
- Photographs 1
- Psychology 1
- Scientific Researchers 1
- Sequence Analysis, Protein 1
- Slides (Photography) 1
- Student Administration -- Matriculation 1
- Theology 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Photographs 1
- University of Edinburgh -- campus 1 ∧ less
- Aitken, Alastair, d 2014 (Professor of Protein Biochemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Ambler, Richard Penry, 1933-: (professor of protein chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Campbell, John McKay, 1916-1986 (engineering student, teacher) 1
- Court of the Lord Lyon (heraldic court (Scotland)) 1
- Cronshaw, Andrew, fl 1980s-2010s (Biochemist, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Edinburgh University Diagnostic Society 1
- Edinburgh University Dialectic Society 1
- Edinburgh University Indian Association 1
- Edinburgh University Union (1889-1973) 1
- Gardner, Michael Leopold George, 1946-2013 (Biochemistry and physiology educator and researcher) 1
- Grimond, Magnus, fl 1970s-2010s (Edinburgh University alumnus) 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- Inglis, Alexander Adam, c 1840-1913 (photographer) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- Macphail, Earle Monteith, 1861-1937 (Principal of Madras Christian College) 1
- Miller, John Baillie, 1841-1926 (solicitor) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1
- Torrance, James B, 1923-2003 (theologian) 1
- Torrance, Thomas Forsyth, 1913-2007 (theologian, and Professor of Christian Dogmatics at New College, Edinburgh) 1
- University of Pennsylvania (1791-:) (university) 1 ∧ less