Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents The collection includes: - school leaving certificate, Higher Education, Beath Secondary School, Fife, dated 1934, and noting subjects of English (Higher), Mathematics (Lower), Latin (Higher), French (Higher), and Art (Lower), and noting that Dickson continued at school for a further year till 1935. - pass certificate, English, University of Edinburgh, June 1936 - pass...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1534
Content Description This fonds consists of material of Helen Lewise Dougal relating to Patrick Geddes and the Scots College in Montpellier. Includes photos (originals and copies), booklets, letters, and a CD containing photos. Postcards of Sète and Montpellier, 1929. Article entitled Patrick Geddes in his Montpellier setting by A.D. Peacock, ca 1927. Print of...
Lecture and teaching notes taken down by Diana K. Hastings while at Dunfermline College of Physical Education (1967-1970)
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 3 files of manuscript notes taken down during the period of study, 1967-1970. There are notes from practical lectures and notes for teaching practice.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1182
Scope and Contents The collection of material relating to life at University for Alan Owen and Anne Hyslop Gemmell is composed of: Cowan House, Hall of Residence for Men - Owen admitted 1939 - documents relating to Cowan House residency Inclusive Fee Regulation cards, General Council registration, and class cards for varied subjects between 1939-1948 - documents relating to both Owen and Anne Hyslop Gemmell ...
Scope and Contents Twelfth International Congress of Pyschology programme, 1948; Twelfth International Confress of Psychology notes and provisional timetable of papers, 1948; Proceedings and papers of the Twelfth International Congress of Psychology, 1948; Short Letter to Cooke from Thomson regarding a diagram he asked her to duplicate, with the accompanying diagrams/graphs drawn by...
Scope and Contents The material is composed of:
- Publications, 1903-1980;
- University of Edinburgh examination papers, 1919-1920
- Thesis titles, 1949-1958;
- Correspondence, 1961-1969;
- Unpublished material, 1961-1964;
- List of Bachelors of Education, 1966-1976.
Scope and Contents Letters relating to Pilliner's appointment, April 1949; Ph.D. thesis, University of Edinburgh, 1965; Publications authored by Pilliner, 1958-1978; Publications collected by Pilliner, 1968-2003; Report to UNESCO, 1961 Reports to the British Council, 1964-1983; Material regarding the Godfrey Thomson unit,...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of letters to Ivory Buchan (Margaret Ivory Ritchie Buchan) and includes: Edinburgh letters, 1931-1938, beginning on a regular basis in 1934, with comments on teacher training, and setting up a private school in Blackhall; South Africa letters, 1938-1951, going abroad for health reasons, early difficulties in South Africa, and about work in Benoni and Johannesburg.
Scope and Contents The papers of Professor Mitchell at Gen. 2271-2290 include poems, plays and an unfinished novel Moth and Peaseblossom which was to followCobweb and mustard seedpublished in 1928; copies of A slim volume; notes and manuscripts; general letters from between the 1920s and the 1980s; papers on educational research; letters to him on education; papers on contemporary poets and artists; and, material on religion and tolerance, and pulpit teaching. There are card indexes for Mitchell's research on...
Dates: circa 1919-1984
- Students 3
- Education 2
- Educational tests and measurements 2
- Lectures and Lecturing 2
- Benoni (South Africa) | 1
- Calculators 1
- Christmas Cards 1
- Edinburgh -- Scotland 1
- Edinburgh University Student's Handbook 1
- Education research 1
- English teachers | Training of 1
- Geography -- Study and teaching 1
- Graduation Ceremonies 1
- Johannesburg (South Africa) 1
- Montpellier (France) 1
- Photographs 1
- Physical Education and Training 1
- Preaching 1
- Religious education 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Teaching 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1
- Women -- Education 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- English 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 6
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 5
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 3
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 3
- Bell, Robert E, fl. 1960-1976 (lecturer, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Burnett, James, 1714-1799 (Lord Monboddo) 1
- Cooke, Marian, fl. 1946-1970 (secretary, Moray House College of Education) 1
- Cowan House (student hall of residence) 1
- Dickson, Jane Potter Deas, 1917-2002 (Teacher) 1
- Dougal, Helen Lewise, 1906-1976 (Scottish teacher) 1
- Dunfermline College of Physical Education 1
- Edinburgh Provincial Training Centre (1907-1959) 1
- Emmett, William B, fl mid 20th century (psychologist) 1
- Geddes, Sir Patrick, 1854-1932 (biologist, sociologist, educationist and town planner) 1
- Gemmell, Anne Hyslop, b. 1923 (student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Hastings, Diana Kerr, fl. 1967-1970 (physical education teacher) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Mitchell, William Fraser 1
- Ogilvie, Alan Grant, 1887-1954 (Scottish geographer) 1
- Owen, Alan, fl. 1939-1948 (student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Pilliner, Albert E G, 1909-2003 (lecturer and educational researcher, Moray House College of Education) 1
- St. George's Training College, Edinburgh 1
- University of Edinburgh. Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 1
- Young, Janet Everitt Maclean, fl. 1931-1951, Teacher 1 ∧ less