Showing Collections: 11 - 14 of 14
Scope and Contents The item, a bronze medal, has an unmilled and uninscribed edge. On one side the medal features the University arms of the saltire, castle, book and thistle, and around the edge the Latin: SCOT.REG.EDIN.ACAD.JACOB.VI. On the other is inscribed PHYSICUS CARGILL G. KNOTT, with the year 1873-74 framed by laurel branches.
Scope and Contents Some of the medals show rulers of Russia, military figures, statesmen, events of the reign of Peter the Great. Others mark events such as coronations, accessions, marriages and deaths of Russian rulers. Imperial institutions are commemorated, as are cities and buildings of the Russian empire.
Scope and Contents The medals are the Edinburgh University class medals: geology and mineralogy, 1899-1900; practical geology and mineralogy, 1900-1901; practical botany, 1901 (Edinburgh School of Medicine); practical zoology, 1901-1902; and petrology, 1902. The collection also includes the British Association Medal, 1923, for scientific research in South Africa, and the Draper Medal of the Geological Society of South Africa, 1935.
Scope and Contents The Bronze medals awarded by the University of Edinburgh to Christina Struthers are: History of Music, 1893-1894 Counterpoint and Composition,1895-1896 Musical Analysis, 1897-1898 They had been presented in small padded cases prepared by: Alexander Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh. This Edinburgh firm of medalists...
- Subject: Medals X
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 9
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Boughton, Alice, 1866-1943 (Photographer) 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 1
- Garrard & Co. Ltd., Albemarle St., London 1
- Haugh, Peter, fl 1903-1904 (student - Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies) 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1
- Hunter, William, 1861-1937 (Physician; Army Colonel) 1
- Inkster, Samuel M, fl 1869-1873 (student - University of Edinburgh) 1
- Knott, Cargill Gilston, 1856-1922 (physicist, mathematician and secretary of the Royal Society of Edinburgh) 1
- Knowles, William Andrew, 1868-1942 (minister) 1
- Macleod, Kenneth, 1871-1955 (Church of Scotland minister and folklorist) 1
- Rider, Dr., James Roland, 1894-1942 (Veterinary Surgeon) 1
- Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies (Edinburgh) 1
- Struthers, Christina, Mrs. Frederick Niecks, d. 1944 (Mus.Bac. 1899) 1
- Taylor, George, Sir, 1904-1993 (botanist and plant taxonomist) 1
- Wishart, Marion Donaldson 1
- Young, Robert Burns, b. 1874, Scientist 1 ∧ less