Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Scope and Contents Two bronze medals - University of Edinburgh:
1927-1928 - Economic Geography - Marion D. Wishart
1928-1929 - Banking - Marion D. Wishart M.A.Both medals are in presentation cases: black leatherette, with dark blue inset for medals, and silk-lined hinged lids. The name: Alexander Kirkwood & Son / Medalists / St. James Square / Edinburgh
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-346
Content Description This fonds consists of medals awarded to Emily Charlotte Thomson and Alexander Thomson , as well as one photograph depicting Emily Charlotte Thomson. Five medals of Alexander Thomson from the University of Edinburgh, in: chemistry (1886-87), practical physiology (1887-88), natural history (1887), Institute of Medicine (1887-88), and a blank one on the same model. Three medals of Emily Charlotte...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1879-1891
Collection — Box: CLX-A-352
Content Description A bronze and a silver medals in their cases awarded to Peter Haugh in the University's Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies for Zoology and Botany (1903-1904) and for Clinique (1906-1907); and three bronze medals from Edinburgh University awarded to Samuel M. Inkster for Chemistry (1869), General Pathology and Morbid Anatomy (1870-1871) and Practice of Medicine (1872-1873). Also includes an article by Gregor Macaulay explaining the medals.
Scope and Contents 1 x silver medal - Annual Prize - Perth Academy - awarded to William A. Knowles 1882-1883 - 1st student Senior Mathematical and Physical Class 1 x silver medal - Annual Prize - Perth Academy - awarded to William D[sic]. Knowles 1884-1885 - 1st student Senior Latin Class 1 x bronze medal -Edinburgh University - awarded to William A. Knowles 1885-1886 - Junior Mathematics ...
Scope and Contents The item, a bronze medal, has an unmilled and uninscribed edge. On one side the medal features the University arms of the saltire, castle, book and thistle, and around the edge the Latin: SCOT.REG.EDIN.ACAD.JACOB.VI. On the other is inscribed PHYSICUS CARGILL G. KNOTT, with the year 1873-74 framed by laurel branches.
Scope and Contents The medals are the Edinburgh University class medals: geology and mineralogy, 1899-1900; practical geology and mineralogy, 1900-1901; practical botany, 1901 (Edinburgh School of Medicine); practical zoology, 1901-1902; and petrology, 1902. The collection also includes the British Association Medal, 1923, for scientific research in South Africa, and the Draper Medal of the Geological Society of South Africa, 1935.
Scope and Contents The Bronze medals awarded by the University of Edinburgh to Christina Struthers are: History of Music, 1893-1894 Counterpoint and Composition,1895-1896 Musical Analysis, 1897-1898 They had been presented in small padded cases prepared by: Alexander Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh. This Edinburgh firm of medalists...
- University of Edinburgh -- students 5
- Women students 3
- Medical students 2
- Students 2
- Medals -- Royal (Dick) Veterinary College (1839-1951) 1
- Medicine 1
- Music 1
- Order of St. John 1
- Student 1
- Veterinary students | 1
- Women in medicine 1
- photograph 1
- women musicians 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- English 1
- Latin 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 6
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Haugh, Peter, fl 1903-1904 (student - Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies) 1
- Inkster, Samuel M, fl 1869-1873 (student - University of Edinburgh) 1
- Knott, Cargill Gilston, 1856-1922 (physicist, mathematician and secretary of the Royal Society of Edinburgh) 1
- Knowles, William Andrew, 1868-1942 (minister) 1
- Royal (Dick) Veterinary College (1839-1951| veterinary college) 1
- Struthers, Christina, d. 1944 (Mus.Bac. 1899 | wife of Frederick Niecks) 1
- Thomson, Alexander, fl 1880s (doctor, Edinburgh University medical student) 1
- Thomson, Emily Charlotte, 1864-1955 (doctor; medical officer to Dundee Women's Hospital) 1
- Wishart, Marion Donaldson, b 1903 (University of Edinburgh student) 1
- Young, Robert Burns, b. 1874, Scientist 1 ∧ less