Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Material relating to Charles A. Anderson
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Medical lecture notes of T. L. Kennish
Scope and Contents Edinburgh University medical lecture notes taken down by T. L. Kennish, c 1880s.
Notes of lectures by Charles Alston, with bookplates of Alexander Russell
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes of lectures given by Charles Alston, entitled 'A treatise on the materia medica ... from the lectures of Charles Alston, M.D., Fellow of the College of Physicians and Professor of Botany at Edinburgh. 1733'. 183 x 165 mm, rebound. They bear the armorial bookplate of Alexander Russell, M.D. It is possible that this is the Alexander Russell that studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh, and graduated in 1779.
Notes of lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson and Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, taken down by Kenneth R. Brown
Scope and Contents Notebooks containing lecture notes taken down by Kenneth R. Brown in 1885-1887, bearing his bookplate. Notes on lectures given by Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart. 'Lectures on the Practice of Physic'. Edinburgh University, 1885-1886, 2 vols. Notes on lectures given by Sir Alexander Russell Simpson. Lectures on midwifery, and lectures on gynaecology. Edinburgh University, 1886-1887. ...
Notes of lectures on anatomy given by John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
Papers of Anne Dollar Davies, former medical student at the University of Edinburgh
Scope and Contents This fonds consists of Anne Davies's papers relating to her life as a medical student at the University of Edinburgh between 1939 and 1945, and to her training in three hospitals in the mid and late 1940s. It also includes photographs relating to class reunions and to the Edinburgh Graduate Association, of which she was president for a year. Student notes, c 1939-1944; 1969. Student manuals and...
Dates: c 1920-1990
Student notes taken down by J. Cabbell of lectures by Alexander Monro primus, and John Rutherford
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on clinical medicine given by Prof. John Rutherford, 1755-1756, and notes of lectures on anatomy given by Alexander Monro primus, circa 1752-1755, taken by J. Cabbell.
Dates: c 1752-1756
- Medical students 6
- Student lecture notes 5
- Medical students | Scotland | 2
- Anatomy 1
- Gynecology 1
- Materia medica 1
- Medals 1
- Medicine 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Midwifery | Scotland | Edinburgh | 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1
- Women in medicine 1
- Women students 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- English 1
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Kennish, T L, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Russell, Alexander, fl 1770s-1780s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1 ∧ less