Skip to main content

Story about the MacLeods at Eòropaidh, 27 October 1873

Identifier: Coll-97/CW115/10

Scope and Contents

Story about the MacLeods at Eòropaidh/Eoropie, Eilean Leòdhais/Isle of Lewis, which states that the iron rampart was taken down from their house by Torcal Conanach [Torcail MacLeod] who lived at [Ullapool [Ullapul/Ros is Cromba/Ross and Cromarty]], and that Torcal Oighre [Torcail MacLeod half-brother to the previous Torcail] lived with his father.


  • Creation: 27 October 1873

Language of Materials


Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.


From the Series: 12 folios ; 17 x 21cm

Physical Location


Physical Location

folio 4v, line 18 to folio 4v, line 22


MacCoinnich, Aonghas, 'Mar Phòr san t-Uisge: Ìomhaigh Sìol Torcail an Eachdraidh' in Byrne, M., Clancy, T. O. and Kidd, S., (eds.), Litreachas agus Eachdraidh: Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 2002, Glaschu 2002 / Literature and History: Papers from the Second Conference of Scottish Gaelic Studies, Glasgow 2002, pp. 214-231.
MacCoinnich, Aonghas, 'Sìol Torcail and their Lordship in the Sixteenth Century', Crossing the Minch: Exploring the Links Between Skye and the Outer Hebrides' (Port of Ness: The Islands Book Trust, 2007), pp. 7-32.

Repository Details

Part of the University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections Repository

Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379