Skip to main content

Note about statutes of Calum Cille and St Moluag, 29 August 1883

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW120/75

Scope and Contents

Note probably collected from Donald MacColl [foxhunter, Glencreran, Earra GhĂ idheal/Argyllshire] that there were [wooden] holy statues or images of Curalan [St Cyril], Calum Cille [St Columba] and St Moluag kept in the church on Cuirralan [Beinn Churalain], Earra GhĂ idheal/Argyllshire] which were destroyed by 'sgampeoran' [scamps] who came to a bad end as a result and that there was a castle on top of Beinn Chuirailain [Beinn Churalain].

Dates

  • 29 August 1883

Language of Materials

English,Gaelic

Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.

Extent

From the Series: 1 notebook ; 17.5 x 10.8 cm