South Bank: photographs, 1954-1961
Scope and Contents
- 15 prints (20cm x 25cm) of the Hayward Gallery and the National Film Theatre. The majority of these are of an architectural model. 3 show the interior of the National Film Theatre post construction and 1 shows pedestrian arrangements in the area.
- 4 prints (25cm x 21cm) showing the North Bank of the River Thames taken from Shot Tower on the South Bank. These photographs fit together to form a panorama.
- 26 prints (18cm x 29cm) showing various architectural models, at 88' to 1" scale, and plans for South Bank Permanent Development. There is also 2 photographs of a panoramic drawing of an office block in the area.
- Johnson-Marshall, Percy, 1915-1993 (professor of urban design and regional planning, University of Edinburgh) (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
From the Sub-Fonds: 3.5 metres
Sarah Higgins 2 March 2004
- Architectural Drawing
- Architectural Models
- Architecture, Designs and Plans
- Art Museums
- Hayward Gallery (1968-:)
- Johnson-Marshall, Percy, 1915-1993 (professor of urban design and regional planning, University of Edinburgh)
- Local Government
- London (England)
- London County Council (1887-1965)
- National Film Theatre (1967-:)
- Office Buildings
- Pedestrian Facilities Design
- Public Buildings
- Thames, River (England)