Showing Collections: 11 - 16 of 16
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of correspondence, copies of committee meeting documentation, and printed matter: Box 1: Postgraduate Board, Policy and membership - 1975-1990 Scottish Council for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Education (SCPMDE), Postgraduate News - 1973-1979 Minutes/Committee and Sub-committee meetings - 1979-1992 ...
Scope and Contents Bound volume of patient case histories taken in the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh by medical student Robert Bickersteth between November 1803 and January 1804, when Bickersteth was just 16 years old.
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents Management 1728-1974; administration 1854-2002; finance (ledgers) 1729-1969; salaries and wages books 1880-1968; finance (papers) 1727-1974; supplies: drugs, housekeeping etc 1797-1968; plans and buildings 1738-1988; correspondence 1727-1984; societies attached to the RIE 1913-2001; schools attached to the RIE 1913-1985; professional associations 1933-1986; nursing 1828-1998; medical students 1768-1987; Residency 1838-1987; non-nursing staff 1842-1988; patients: financial 1856-1964; patients...
Found in: Lothian Health Services Archive
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on clinical medicine given by Prof. John Rutherford, 1755-1756, and notes of lectures on anatomy given by Alexander Monro primus, circa 1752-1755, taken by J. Cabbell.
Scope and Contents This group of 3 letters discusses life and study at Edinburgh University. Letter dated 21 April 1797: Dates and duration of terms - Discussion about the courses in Botany and his admiration of his mentors Letter dated 23 May 1797: Expressing concern at not having a reply to his...
Scope and Contents The Alexander Woodcock notebooks contain: Lectures on Anatomy and Physiology - Alexander Jardine Lizar - notebook noted 5 November 1833 Lectures on Chemistry - Doctor Hope - 11 July 1845 A third volume contains: Notes from 1 September 1843 - 20 July 1844 - Patient cases ...
- Subject: Medical students X
- Edinburgh University Library Special Collections 14
- Lothian Health Services Archive 2
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 2
- Adams, William, fl. 1797-1799 (medical student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Bickersteth, Robert (surgeon at Liverpool Royal Infirmary) 1
- Brown, John, fl. 1824-1834, General Practioner 1
- Brown, Kenneth R, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Brown, Thomas S., fl. 1828-1835, General Practitioner 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Caird, Francis Mitchell, 1853-1926 (Scottish surgeon, Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Chiene, John, 1843-1923 (Scottish surgeon, Professor of Surgery at the University of Edinburgh ) 1
- Clark, William B., fl. 1820s, Minister 1
- Coghill, Agnes Irene Sinclair, c 1875-1904 (medical student; University of Edinburgh) 1
- Coghill, John George Sinclair, 1834-1919 (Physician) 1
- Dickson, William Elliot Carnegie, 1878-1954 (Scottish physician) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Haultain, Francis William Nicol, 1861-1921 (Gynaecologist and obstetrician) 1
- Kennish, T L, fl 1880s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Mackay, George, 1861-1949 (British ophthalmic surgeon) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- NHS Education for Scotland 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Potter (née Ross), Elizabeth Mackay, Dr., 1924-1979 (physician) 1
- Potter, Jacobus Louw, Dr. (physician, scientist) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1
- Russell, Alexander, fl 1770s-1780s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Rutherford, John, 1695-1779 (Professor of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Schofield, Anne Dollar, 1921-2015 (née Davies | Physician) 1
- Simpson, Sir Alexander Russell, 1835-1916 (professor of midwifery, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stewart, Sir Thomas Grainger, 1837-1900 (Physician, President of the BMA) 1
- Stiles, Sir Harold Jalland, 1863-1946 (British surgeon) 1
- Usher, Victor Field, 1880-1952 (physician, medical alumnus of Edinburgh University) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less