Found in 195 Collections and/or Records:
Prayer entitled 'Urnuigh Mhara Chlann Leoid' beginning 'Mi tha comhnadh 's na h ardaibh shuas, Cobhair oirnne s an doimhne shios'. The prayer contains ten lines, arranged into three verses of four lines each although the first two lines of the third verse are missing here and represented with dots.
Story probably collected from Hector MacLeod, aged 85, at Caisteal Bhuirgh/Borve Castle, Lionacleit/Linaclate, Beinn na Faoghla/Benbecula of a prophecy about a battle to be fought at Aird-nan-ceann, which is between Caisteal Bhuirgh/Borve Castle and Braobh-fhaothail, Beinn na Faoghla/Benbecula. The story quotes the prophecy of Cainneach Oar [Coinneach Odhar or Kenneth MacKenzie].
Prophecy verse by Guala Crosda beginning 'Biodh na h-eich mhaide, Len sriannan cainbe tin is taighe' with a note explaining that the prophecy related to 'Na Sasanaich' [the English] and 'na h-eich mhaide' being 'vessels'. Also notes that Guala Crosda would speak to himself but people would listen to him. Some of the pencil marks in this item are very faint.
Proverb beginning 'Cha'n fhir mi ri uallach, Cha dean buar/cas luath maor'. The vocabulary note reads 'Furas = Patience'.
Proverb beginning 'Cha'n fhuirich muir ri uallach, Cha dean bean luath maorach'. The text is composed of four lines, is written in ink and has been scored through in ink.
Proverb or verse beginning 'Saoghal subh sona dhuibh, Sar cudh fallan slan'. Text has been scored through as if transcribed elsewhere.
Quotation which reads 'An aite roiseal is mire, Tha osnaich ag imeachd mo chleibh' noted as being from Gilleasba na Ceapaich [Archibald MacDonald of Keppoch]'
Quotation beginning 'He prayeth best who loveth best, All things both great and small' noted as being by Coleridge. The text has been scored through in ink as if transcribed elsewhere.
Quotation from a poem by John Greenleaf Whittier under the title 'Rune' beginning 'You find but common bloom and green, The rippling rivers rune'.
A script for a lecture delivered by Makinnon on 16 March 1896.